It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

I’ve always believed that Mark O’Donnell was highly intelligent and a very good writer, and I still believe this. I try to find the smartest, kindest, and most reasonable people available with whom to work and exchange ideas. At the time that Mark O’Donnell began working with Cedars, Mark probably had surveyed his options and Cedars looked like a person whose goals were similar to Mark’s and who had the energy to help put the word out against CSA and Watchtower’s corruption. Mark can’t predict the future any more than I can. At some point, he was probably as surprised about Cedars as the rest of us have been.

• Simon
    Simon
    How many times has he reminded us that he's "seriously considering" leaving activism and how exJWs torment him?

I think that's just him fishing for praise, wanting people to say "oh no, please, we love you so much, here - I'll give you money to convince you to stay"

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

I have a funny anecdote about M.I'm so smart then anybody else...he posted that photo on Twitter and instagram 2020 .and he said he didn't know what it mean , somebody had to tell him (twitter) it was Lace, because croatia is known for there lacemaking heritage. ect .. I remember when i read this , thinking so you've been living there for?the post was in 2020 ,and you don't even bother to know some fact or history about that country? Come On! O.K. to be fair he knows about the Thailand Elephants though'...

• Simon
    Simon

Aw, look at him - so pleased with himself with his bomber jacket and chubby cheeks!

• Vintage
    Vintage

When a JW becomes an ex-jw Atheist, that means that the ex-jw Atheist is absolved from having to unravel and expose Watchtower's false doctrines, doesn't it?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

As a general rule I don't think you should be leaving reviews of any company you're not a customer of. It's a shitty thing to do IMO.

Although not a customer, we all know what an awful job that first letter that was sent out was. Novosel has instantly given himself a bad name. Doesn't return phone calls. Negotiates in bad faith. Doesn't return email inquiries. Shall I go on?

You and I are just going to have to disagree on this one. Also by your standard, then none of us should be criticizing Lloyd as we are not customers of his books or shirts.

• Simon
    Simon

No, IMO there's a difference. They are a company providing a service, a review of them is only appropriate if you are their customer.

They have not woken up one day and decided to harass anyone. They are simply acting on the instructions of their client, and the fact that he may have "cheaped-out" and wanted the no-real-service option really isn't anything to complain about, certainly not to put on them.

Let's not make ourselves look like we're not fair and objective. That company are not our enemy. Why make them more inclined to want to put more effort into work for Lloyd?

Our criticism of Lloyd is different. No, most of us are not his customers, but his behavior has negatively impacted many. We're victims of his bullying, harassment and damaging influence on our community. So criticising that and warning people about what he does is entirely appropriate.

It's not like he offers activist-services-for-hire, such that anyone is ever really his client.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

They are simply acting on the instructions of their client, and the fact that he may have "cheaped-out" and wanted the no-real-service option really isn't anything to complain about, certainly not to put on them.

If Lloyd bought the cheap option, then there wouldn't be a follow-up for 7 people with the threat of additional lawsuits. Bad lawyer, bad service and clearly not representing their clients even though that does work in the favor of anybody being targeted by Lloyd. Let's not forget that the meme you posted was indirectly about Lloyd's lawyer.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it's more about the concept of "Lloyds litigation", not so much the law firm specifically.

Someone who hasn't had a response from them, or calls returned could be justified in leaving a review, although I don't know why anyone would ever complain about the quality or competence of the lawyers representing someone who is threatening to sue them.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Let's not forget the letters were set up as extortion. Basically pay us and we can make this go away. Plus this lawyer either doesn't know or care that Croatian law does not apply outside of its borders. Maybe Novosel doesn't like Lloyd either and is looking to soak him for money. Also who has ever heard of a criminal lawsuit being brought by a civilian attorney? I even sent an email asking for a couple of points to be clarified without receiving a response. Once this lawsuit or whatever it is is fully defeated, I will be looking for a place to leave a review. I feel the incompetence of this lawyer is still worth warning people.

Anyway, we can disagree on this. It isn't the biggest of my concerns regarding Lloyd anyway. More like a chore that will be dealt with when the time is right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit