It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Did Lloyd just downvote the Saintly Brandon meme through a sock puppet account? LOL this guy REALLY hates the memes about him.

• vienne
    vienne

Dear Argentina,

I don't know if it's Lloyd -the twit- Evans who down voted. Someone has down voted sensible posts on the board for a very long time. Might be them.

I hesitate to censor down votes. I occasionally down vote what I think is rank stupidity.

And Lloyd still has supporters. Look at the number of twitter followers. And his patreon numbers are still above five hundred. I puzzle over people's ability to believe stupidity. I know people use the pejorative "cult" when referring to Witness culture. Academics tend to avoid the word, but with Evans and his followers it seems totally appropriate.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

FYI:

I'm sure it's totally coincidental but ever since shortly after the time Kim signed up, when Lloyd started referring to the "green screen lies" and then Tibor appeared to try and derail things, the site has been inundated by someone creating fake accounts.

I don’t feel great about drawing that kind of attention to this intelligent forum. Sorry Simon xx

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I love the line

“How to tell which woman is your wife”

🤣🤣🤣

• Simon
    Simon

It's not your fault in the slightest Kim, don't worry about it - sorry if I phrased it badly.

But I do think it's someone that's unhappy that people are free to discuss things. Someone is having a little meltdown.

It's glorious :)

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

💗💗

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''And Lloyd still has supporters. Look at the number of twitter followers. And his patreon numbers are still above five hundred. I puzzle over people's ability to believe stupidity. I know people use the pejorative "cult" when referring to Witness culture. Academics tend to avoid the word, but with Evans and his followers it seems totally appropriate.''

""I puzzle over people's ability to believe stupidity''.

You see,,, that's because this is what 'mind control' does to people. Simply having one's mind hijacked by a cult for many decades,,,,,one cannot dismiss facts as they are point blank in front of you.

This is what the Borg does to people,,,,by believing one thing when the other is presented obviously hands down.

You can simply blame the Borg for hardening peoples minds like this. They just cannot see the forest for the trees. Some of the mind control left over from the Borg,,,,perhaps.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

The Saintly Brandon meme by Mark Jones was OUTSTANDING! That one is going to be impossible to beat. If anybody has Lloyd's home address I would love to print and mail it to him. It will certainly be the topic that I tell him about in the next voicemail I leave Lloyd.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Here are responses to Lloyd's complaining. He is losing his audience and influence very quickly.

• vienne
    vienne

B. Sarim,

I just finished reading Charles Mackay's Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. It was first published in 1841, and I believe it is still in print. [I borrowed this one from my uncle's research collection.] The situation isn't unique to Witnesses, of course. It seems to be a general human failing. While Mackay's book is illuminating, it doesn't seem to offer any solutions. Still, you may want to read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit