It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• vienne
    vienne

Since January, Lloyd has lost 322 patrons. Not enough, but it's a start.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I don't understand what his remaining cult followers I mean "Patreonites" find interesting in his rants. The guy is so long winded and utterly boring.

• RayoFlight2014
    RayoFlight2014

As an unbaptised publisher in good standing I separated myself in 1991 from what turned out to be a high control organisation claiming to be the Abrahamic gods "non-profit" "charity" "prophet" and purveyors of "Truth"....later in 2014 and moreso in 2019, I decided to join the "frey" of the exjws to show my support for both victims, and survivors of abuse.

I saw Lloyd as a voice I could relate to and promote as someone who was calm and well expressed.

While I did notice a few quirks that indicated to me a likelihood of an underlying mental health issue..(such as his tendency to rock back and forth)..I was not overly concerned; because of the type of people who were promoting him and working with him.

However the rumours of his harsh encounters with CSA survivors and reports from close friends of Lloyd behaving badly was becoming too loud to ignore...and then Kim Silvio's exposé came out.

While I still wanted to be cautious about how I reacted to this potentially mentally unwell man's actions, and I didn't like the way it appeared to disintegrate into a dog fight....after a few days and weeks it became abundantly clear that I was wrong to continue subscribing to Lloyd Evan's channel or trying to see his side with any benefit of doubt.

I, for one just thought he had a shit personality, like so many Exjw's who were and always will be assholes; the evidence was overwhelming on that front....but what is dynamically transpiring from the man himself, as we post our responses and comments will give everyone in earshot a clear picture of what and who Lloyd Evans really is.

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

I’m trying to find a site that shows YouTube live subscribers but I can’t seen to find one that does it in real time. I tested a couple by subscribing and unsubscribing to Jaba The Hutt but nothing changed. Anyone have an idea?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

https://socialblade.com/youtube/

Worth a try 🤷‍♀️

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I found this comment by Michele Birch toward the end of the 191 replies under Lloyd's pinned comment to Kim Silvio's most recent rebuttal. Although I don't agree with each point raised, I believe it to be fair of those who didn't take an immediate stand. The statement gives me hope.

@Lloyd Evans Lloyd, I have always admired and respected you and your body of work. It cannot be denied that it is extensive and impressive. Having said that, I must say, in all honesty, that if anyone defamed you, it was you. If but for your own actions and behavior, none of this would be happening, right? Please take a hot second to think before you answer that. Please Lloyd. Please just take responsibility totally and move on. I think that if you had done that to begin with, none of this would be happening. You seem to be nit-picking at unimportant details and calling them lies when the most important detail is your own behavior that has caused all of this. I have no doubt that you could easily recover from this mistake and move on with your work if you were just honest with yourself and others and just owned, 100%, what you did. Have you thought about the fact that one of the sex workers you were involved with could have been sex trafficked as children and have just continued into adulthood? Maybe you haven't even thought of that possibility. I want to think that you haven't. But that is a real possibility that you need to admit it could be possible and that was never your intention to be involved in any way with that sort of thing. I do not think you did. I just think you may not have even considered that possibility. I would so hate to see your work end over such an unnecessary issue. Your work has helped thousands free themselves from the JW cult and I so admire you for that! Truly I do Lloyd! I wish you could see that the issue here is not about bringing you down, but it is about YOU taking FULL responsibility for your own actions and when you truly do that, then you can move on. You brought all this on yourself and I think you know that. As humans Lloyd, we all make mistakes. Everyone! But it is how we handle those mistakes that shows our true character and helps us learn from the mistakes and allows us to move on. So what? You made a mistake. Big deal. We all do. But when we do, we need to own it and apologize to everyone we have wronged and you are not doing that. Please do not think that I am attacking you Lloyd. I am merely being honest with you and hoping so much that you will continue to help other JWs to escape the JW cult for years to come. Truly I do. Btw, this is the very first time I am speaking about any of this publically. I look at both sides and then come to my own conclusions. That is what everyone should be doing about ALL issues, including this one. Well wishes to you and your beautiful family!

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog
    Thanks Kim. I did try that one.
  • NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

To be fair, the governing body at least run a comb through their hair before going on camera.

A few lessons from then Governing Body? And a good bath.

Word is over the last 3 or 4 years he takes a bath every 2 or 3 months. Just don't call that frequently or he will file a lawsuit.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5
    To be fair, the governing body at least run a comb through their hair before going on camera.

my introvert brain just remember ,i read a few years ago, pretty sure it was on JW watch, he add a big argument with somebody about another activist? having better Hair than him ,do any of you remember this? anyway now I have to go down that rabbit hole and find it .Thanks simon .Because of you i will have to read is old Rant.. (SIMON this forum need a POO emoji b.t.w) .kidding If I see any good one ,i will post them here Cause you think I will be the only one to SUFFER? OH WATCHOWER HELL NO!

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

About the HAIR thing...Maybe he could ask Tibor to Green Screen him some comb hair...IT'S A JOKE ...2 birds with one post, This is a post about G.S after all... right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit