It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Vintage
    Vintage

Here's a clip from "The Closer" where Brenda gives a very funny non-apology-apology. It's less than 2 minutes long if you start at the 3-minute mark. I'm thinking of Cedar's apology on a previous page.

https://youtu.be/dbCbfwDEVDo

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

from MAR.14 2022...ouch! NOT!

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

EMILY S did not like the christmas story either...from https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/34107440-the-reluctant-apostate...

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

D.A.R.V.O. (Deny Attack and Reverse Victim and Offender)

This to me sums up Lloyds behaviour toward kim and others who have crossed him. He uses the method many researchers have claimed is a common manipulation strategy used by psychological abusers. It's based on the work of psychologist Jennifer Freyd who has written:

"...I have observed that actual abusers threaten, bully and make a nightmare for anyone who holds them accountable or asks them to change their abusive behavior. This attack, intended to chill and terrify, typically includes threats of law suits, overt and covert attacks on the whistle-blower's credibility, and so on. The attack will often take the form of focusing on ridiculing the person who attempts to hold the offender accountable. [T]he offender rapidly creates the impression that the abuser is the wronged one, while the victim or concerned observer is the offender. Figure and ground are completely reversed. The offender is on the offense and the person attempting to hold the offender accountable is put on the defense".

• Vintage
    Vintage

That was a great quote, Diogenesister. I’m going to buy one of Jennifer Freyd’s books on Amazon or second-hand, online.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Those book reviews on The Reluctant Apostate are outstanding. It got me curious about Lloyd's Escape From Jehovah's Witnesses and I found this gem.

Just in case you can't read it, it says:

“How to Escape Buying This Book”. Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2018

“How to leave Jehovah’s Witnesses”? Stop going to meetings, simple as that. And if an elder visits you, tell them you are fine as you are, or ignore them. Every jw already knows how to “escape”.

I told you for free. 10 people found this helpful

• PimoElder
    PimoElder
    Yes it’s that simple

alternatively do what I’m doing become PIMA

physically in mentally agnostic

if the great tribulation starts I will jump that side of the fence🤣

otherwise if I get to be an old man I won’t be disappointed I wasted my life and Armageddon still hasn’t come😆

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

if the great tribulation starts I will jump that side of the fence🤣

otherwise if I get to be an old man I won’t be disappointed I wasted my life and Armageddon still hasn’t come😆

Everybody gets to decide how they want to spend their life. I certainly hope if anyone comes to you with doubts about Watchtower that you don't try to stop them from leaving. I have a feeling that an elder I talked to 23 years ago was a PIMO elder. He told me about how embarrassed he was in January 1976 returning to work after the 1975 holidays. Apparently he told everybody goodbye for the last time which left them all very confused as to why he was doing that. He told me that Watchtower has been wrong many times and will likely be wrong about things we believe today. He was not wrong. Watchtower abandoned so much of what they taught in the Revelation Grand Climax book. I hear the same is true of other books that were produced shortly after my exit.

I also hope if you are ever part of a judicial committee that involves sexual abuse that you do the right thing and report it like any respectable person should do.

• PimoElder
    PimoElder
    Very good post. I predict the overlapping thing will pass just like 1975 did.

The current fat old men on Gov Bod are all overlappes they will die off over the next few years maybe a decade or two

there will need to be a new light maybe overlapping the overlappers or some such nonsense

and by the way current policy is to report any genuine sex crimes straight away, I would without question

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    current policy is to report any genuine sex crimes straight away

I assume this means that you are to report any accusations of a sex crime. JW elders are not police detectives or forensic investigators. They should be asking law enforcement to do its job, not waiting to determine if a report is genuine or not. If the organization is not making this clear, then they are still failing to protect children, as Mr. Lett wants us to believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit