It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    According to a YouTube comment Diana changed her Instagram name and it no longer says Evans.

Here it is. Lloyd follows it so it has to be her. Set to private as expected. No mention of Lloyd, the Evans surname and her bio only stated she was a proud mother, not wife.

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

An interesting article here on the scope of the criminal law on 'insult' and 'defamation' in Croatia in the context of digital platforms. Irrespective of all the jurisdictional issues in Lloyd's claimed case, the courts are mindful that there is a constitutional principle of freedom of expression and so prioritises the public interest of anything said.

http://real.mtak.hu/134575/1/The%20Impact%20of%20Digital%20Platforms%20and%20Social%20Media%20-%20Chapter%205%20-%20Deren%C4%8Dinovi%C4%87.pdf

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I could do with some of that self confidence.

I think the problem is that it is bordering on self-delusion. The only way to be that confident is to lack self-awareness, which I do think is one of the problems he has. He does not seem capable of recognizing that some of his actions and arguments are unconvincing (or even harmful to his case). Doubling down doesn't help, nor does his stubborn determination to win at any cost, because he only really knows one way to deal with the pressure, which is to launch one massive attack after another. If your reaction to being called a bully is to bully even harder...

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo
    Here it is. Lloyd follows it so it has to be her. Set to private as expected. No mention of Lloyd, the Evans surname and her bio only stated she was a proud mother, not wife

Thanks for the info

• Simon
    Simon

This is informative about why some people behave the way they do, and how they can suddenly "flip" if you challenge or simply question them.

Esp. the bit about how they believe they are always right even when it's crushingly obvious that they are not, and how they absolutely have to get the last word in order to believe they have "won", that everyone else has to agree with their view of reality, that there is no such thing as constructive criticism (of them).

As you watch it, think of who matches each of the things described. It's uncanny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te7hmo8ajgM

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Thank you LMSA for the confirmation on Dijana's Instagram.

It makes me wonder what is going on in the Evans home when I see this:

And compare it to this:

The only thing I can say for certain is Dijana deserves better than an unfaithful jerk of a husband that runs off during the holidays to Thailand and hires a "girlfriend."

To Lloyd Evans,

Go ahead Lloyd, figure out who I am and try to take me to Croatian court for the crime of insult. I would love for you to try. While you are at it, write me a 15 page manifesto like Kim's. Hopefully the lawyers take what is left after Dijana is done divorcing you.

TO KIM SILVIO,

Please do not let Lloyd get to you. I doubt Croatia has any extradition treaty with Australia anyway. Croatia does not have one with the USA. Let's say Lloyd wanted to go after me. Even if Lloyd were successful in getting any legal proceeding started (which he won't) Lloyd would have to somehow convince the US State Department to jail and extradite me to Croatia. Do you really think Lloyd can accomplish that? It is not a crime to insult a person and all you have done is speak what you know to be true. Remember you are dealing with a narcissistic psychopath according to Dr. Sohom Das, so use that bit of knowledge to drive Lloyd further down. Knowing what Lloyd is can be a powerful tool if used correctly.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Lloyd Evans, this is exactly why you need to go away. You are bitter and damaged. You are constantly stirring controversy and infighting.

• Simon
    Simon

I think he's just excusing his own behavior with that statement. It's no different than his claim that his sexuality was "tampered with" as an excuse for whoreing around and behaving inappropriately with girls*. At what point do people take responsibility for who they are and what they do?

The reality is that there is a random assortment of people in most groups. Yes, there will be some degree of gravitating together in extreme cases but I think overall JWs tend to have the same sort of mix as the general population.

People are who they are. People are not made "good" by leaving any more than they are made "bad" by staying. Certain environments can feed certain personality types - an abusive narcissist for example may find a cosy home as an elder, and abuse their power. If they are subsequently kicked out, did the WTS really make them who they are or is it simply who they always were? I think someone's immediate family environment has a stronger impact on personality than the WTS part of their existence.

Whatever impact the WTS had on people, to imagine it sets the path of your life is really loser-think. You can change. You can reprogram yourself. All it takes is a small amount of introspection and effort if you want to change. If you refuse to accept criticism then yes, you may stay a dick all your life. So he's right in one way.

*that "oh, ha ha ha, I said 'girls', whoopsie!" where he laughs in his video is a pretty sick way to talk for someone claiming to be a CSA advocate.

• Simon
    Simon
    "Things I'm grateful for: my loved ones, my beautiful children ..."

Yeah, no mention of any wife. But also strange that children aren't covered as "loved ones". Maybe that was referring to his Thailand girlfriends?

Also, poor Tibor ... to be left out of the honors list.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Croatia isn't going to extradite anyone for defamation, even if there was a clear-cut case. Extradition is used when someone has committed a major crime in a country (murder, rape, kidnapping, spying, etc) and then leaves that country to avoid prosecution. And even then, it requires time and court appearances and agreements by the host country... and that is assuming that there is already an extradition treaty in place.

No country is going to arrest you and go through the trouble of setting up an extradition just because you put someone on blast and they're upset that people found out things about them. It's more likely that Croatia will offer to extradite Evans to any country that will have him, just to be rid of him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit