It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    From what I can gather it seems Lloyds family were willing to continue their relationship if he didn't disassociate (for his father in particular), and for his sister if he discontinued his very public activism.

If so, that's an example of the crony system they have - other people are deemed to have disassociated by their actions, without sending in any letter (as people imagine they have when they announce it)

But if daddy is an elder, you are treated very differently.

Lloyd isn't fighting against the system, he's part of the system, making full use of the double standards and varying rules based on who you know or are related to.

I think every hall had those vile spawn of vile elders who just oozed corruption.

• Vintage
    Vintage

Simon says:

“ I think every hall had those vile spawn of vile elders who just oozed corruption.”

Yes, Simon, I’ve watched this happen, as though in slow-motion.

Changing the subject,... I’ve read most of this thread, but not some of the first comments, so I may be asking a question that has already been answered.

Did Tibor accompany JLE to his filming destinations? Did Tibor know that JLE was being unfaithful to his wife? Any person of good morals (whether Tibor or anyone else) who comes into knowledge of such conduct would suffer pangs of conscience over what to do with this knowledge. The moral person who comes into knowledge of the betrayal of someone’s spouse has to decide whether to stay quiet or to speak up. And then there is the decision of whether to stay quiet to “whom”, or to speak up to “whom”. My point is that people’s consciences are called upon for action by simply witnessing or being informed of an associate’s marital infidelity.

Regarding “cogitive dissonance”, Psychology Today says, “Though a person may not always resolve cognitive dissonance, the response to it may range from ignoring the source of it to changing one’s beliefs or behavior to eliminate the conflict.”

Referring to Christ’s followers as a body, the Bible says, “If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.” - 1 Cor 12:26.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Having been in his congregation Wilmslow for almost 20 years I can confirm that Lloyd and his sister enjoyed preferential treatment due to daddy being a prominent elder. His sister divorced her husband and to avoid being disfellowshipped she used the "mental issues" card from the Shepherding book. Im sure her daddy coaxed her into it.The congregation has shrunk from 120 publishers to less than 60 in less than 10 years because of this toxic family

Jw Updates

• Simon
    Simon
    Did Tibor accompany JLE to his filming destinations? Did Tibor know that JLE was being unfaithful to his wife? Any person of good morals (whether Tibor or anyone else) who comes into knowledge of such conduct would suffer pangs of conscience over what to do with this knowledge.

It's academic. He knows about it all now and still choses to work for and actively defend him, so we can make a judgement on Tibor's morals and ethics (or lack thereof).

His sister divorced her husband and to avoid being disfellowshipped she used the "mental issues" card from the Shepherding book. Im sure her daddy coaxed her into it.

Interesting that it seems to be a learned "convenient" excuse or explanation for things. It's one of those untouchable claims that are used precisely because no one likes to be seen challenging it.

Of course it's not really an excuse is it, AFAIK there is no asterisk in the Shepherding book saying "all null and void if the person is going through a tough time". And as I said, it's typical "soft handling" of controlling-elder relatives, vs how they treat other people.

People using it to defer scrutiny and criticism are of course shameless shits piggy backing on the back of people who actually suffer genuine mental illness.

All Lloyd is suffering from is "being caught".

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

Where is Gracious Tibor? Or should I say Lloyd. Has he given up coming to his Lord’s defence?

• vienne
    vienne

I didn't think Witnesses expelled people for divorce, unless they remarried without a solid inference or proof that their former mate had remarried or had sex with someone. If I'm wrong, and I certainly may be, please point my nose to a Watchtower reference.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They do not, as far as I have ever been aware, disfellowship people for divorcing, though they do discourage it. The divorced witness can only remarry if it can be proven that their spouse committed adultery while married. Barring that, they would be considered adulterers if they remarried.

• Simon
    Simon

Let's be honest, no one is disfellowshipped for anything besides not offering enough of a grovelling apology to the elders. Especially if you're Elder-spawn, you can do anything and it will all be forgiven.

But take a stand, hold them to account for a lie, or for their objectionable behavior and it's "bye bye"

• Vintage
    Vintage

Simon says:

“It’s academic. He knows about it all now and still choses to work for and actively defend him, so we can make a judgement on Tibor's morals and ethics (or lack thereof).”

Yes, Tibor knows now, and continues ‘working for and actively defending’ JLE. But I was intending to ask if Tibor was aware of JLE’s adultery previous to his wife’s knowing about it,... perhaps even for a long period of time before his wife knew about it. That would surely take a toll on the conscience of a moral person.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    But take a stand, hold them to account for a lie, or for their objectionable behavior and it's "bye bye"

Yes, this would clearly show a lack of remorse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit