It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I would like to invite everyone to send me their email addresses so I can then formally request the equivalent of €3,000 from each of you.

Wait, what? No, you don't want to do that? Whatever shall I do? How will I support myself?

You are all abusive! I won't let you comment on my threads anymore!

If you say anything negative about this request, I will get Legal Advice and take Action!

You all just hate me cause you ain't me!

• vienne
    vienne

Evans' Patreon followers have dropped from about 880 in January to 650 as of today.

https://graphtreon.com/creator/cedars

Lets hope more wake up to his nonsense.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It seems as if "rights of personality" are a form of copyright protection. Does anyone have more insight into how this works, in Croatia or the UK? In the USA, copyright infringement would more likely be handled through the use of a DMCA complaint filed with Youtube (or whichever other media site was used). There are, however, limits to how this can be used- the Fair Use principle means that parts of his video can be used as part of a video discussing or critiquing (or, yes, criticizing) him. There is also the fact that he enjoys just this sort of protection from the WTS for his extensive use of their footage, and the fact that Youtube will punish misuse of the copyright enforcement system (ie, if you file false/frivolous DMCA claims, you risk having your channel sanctioned as a result).

Indeed, you might have expected this to be his first avenue of action if he was being maliciously defamed. For one, it's much easier and would be much more effective. But if you're wrong, or just trying to use those tools to hit back at your detractors, you might end up in a much worse spot- sanctioned for your attempts to silence them, which would lead to more videos from those same detractors. And they'd probably be even harsher than the ones he was trying to get shut down.

As for their claims of the crime of insult, that only matters if you're doing so on Croatian soil. There are some European countries that treat defamation as a criminal matter, but I don't think the UK is one of them. And the USA treats it as exclusively a civil matter. It's an empty threat, all the more so for being printed in bold and underline.

I do like the touch at the end where, after making threats and demands, they add "if You [sic] are willing to resolve this situation in an amicable manner." Again... LOL.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    I can only surmise that both Marc and Cora and Mike and Kim have something really good on JLE in the way that could ruin him forever.

Normally this means that *he* pays *them* to stay silent.

• Simon
    Simon
    You are all abusive!

Sorry, but that's ... I'm going to say libellous ... so I'm going to have to add you to the lawsuit.

LOL

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

"I'm going to have to add you to the lawsuit" is my new favorite meme.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Some days I worry about myself. It just occurred to me that the next time I get a call offering to extend the warranty on my car I could give them this attorney's bank account number. Or maybe its LE's. Either way it might prove a good lesson in not putting such information out in public.

Edited to add: of course I would never do such a thing, even to somebody that was stupid enough to release private information to an individual who has no obligation to keep it private.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

he post that on is patreon account about atworldly...

• vienne
    vienne

Well, Lloyd is spending his money on lawyers. Let's hope it deprives him of money for prostitutes.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

The wheel is still turning in is head but the hamster is long dead...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit