It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

I'm not sure about the "green screen" thing, I think it's a mistake to focus on things that are of little real importance. Sure, the videos look a little odd, like he's a cardboard cutout ... but that's just his act! (boom-tish, LOL)

Changes in video quality could be todo with not having some volunteer skivvy to do post-processing work for free and the process changing as a result. Who knows (who cares?)

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

People are rightly curious/concerned about the living situation which is why the green screen sleuthing is occurring. Given his history of manipulation, there is concern he's staying there for the wrong reasons, i.e. doesn't want to move his bunker, can't afford the rent on a new place due to shrinking financial support, thinks the optics of her forgiving him would move exJWs to do the same...

It takes quite a woman to forgive all that, but the whole "sexual incompatibility" aspect of it is where most reconciliation attempts would naturally hit a brick wall. How does that get fixed? Does she need to put herself on a leash and call him Daddy?

Who knows what kind of arrangement they have now. One would think she'd desire to remove herself and the children as much as she can from this shitshow if she is concerned about privacy. Every one has their own red lines so to speak. Mine would be looking at his ugly face everyday and being tempted to put a bullet into my own.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    580 patrons is still way too many. Are nearly six hundred former Witnesses really that hungry for justification that they support gross behavior and misuse of funds?

I think Kim Silvio was on to something when she talked about some ex witnesses being soothed by his long form Watchtower content reviews,(or having a dopamine hit from it as I always think.)
    When you've been repeatedly exposed to something from childhood and had everyone you love reinforce that thing as good, you're bound to get a chemical high from it.

By far his most worthwhile or 'meaty' content that busy people and non JWs who are subbed to him probably view, were the Watchtower in Focus (lately JW Watch) episodes.

These were on topical, important and heavyweight subjects and really well made, mostly due to Kim Silvio's legal perspective & Marc O'Donnells incredibly well informed input. They also tended to have experts or activists relevent to the subject at hand such as Irwin Zalkin and the Dutch group Reclaimed voices etc.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I refuse to look at his videos, so I will take everybody's word for it. If he is in front of a green screen instead of the real bunker, someone should challenge him to walk over and pick up a book while on video.

I will say this screen shot does seem to suggest a green screen.

• Caminante
    Caminante

I think his light sources are placed more strategically not to reflect in the glass of his bookcase. The blobbing might be compression artifacts. He's been using the same framing and setup last fall. Since Tibor stepped into the scene, Lloyd's videos have indeed seen an improvement. I believe such speculation does more harm than good.

• Simon
    Simon

Yeah, it does 2 things - it dilutes the real issues and it makes people look like they are too eager to find things wrong.

Let's not turn into Lloyd where he squints really hard to contrive something wrong with the WTS, but us doing it with him.

There are plenty of legitimate things to criticize him over and to warn people about. Video setup is not one of them. It's counter productive.

Sure if his wife kicked him out it would be mildly news-worthy and hardly surprising but trying to make out this proves that has happened is a real stretch.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Simon I think the point of this would be if he is filming in front of a green screen, then it shows he is not above deceiving people. Let's look at the record. First it was taking a break for mental health. In reality, he took off without his family during the holidays to spend time in Thailand, "scuba diving and enjoying the food." Next it was, "Watchtower caused me to cheat on my wife by screwing up my sexuality." Then we get to see what his "team of lawyers and his PR firm" did for him. Now we might be looking at him filming a green screen version of "the bunker." This speaks to his continued deception and that is what makes it a real issue.

Granted, if filming was his only deception, then this would be nothing. This is merely additional proof that the guy takes us for idiots.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Why do we care that he's in front of a green screen?

... Unless he's really broadcasting from Thailand??

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If he uploaded a video where he says he will interview his wife, then begins talking to a sock with a wig stapled to it, I'd almost be tempted to subscribe to his channel again.

In the meantime, if he's using a green screen, I suggest he have some fun with it. Why not deliver his next video message from the shores of Galilee? It'd be a pretty funny idea, as long as he doesn't mention scuba diving.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    If he uploaded a video where he says he will interview his wife, then begins talking to a sock with a wig stapled to it, I'd almost be tempted to subscribe to his channel again.
    In the meantime, if he's using a green screen, I suggest he have some fun with it. Why not deliver his next video message from the shores of Galilee? It'd be a pretty funny idea, as long as he doesn't mention scuba diving.

😂😂 Hell yeah, that would be so funny...don't give him content ideas...not without charging him. You could become his "Screen writers guild team" 🤣

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit