It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

His numbers keep dropping with each video he makes. It cheers me up to see, so it does.

It’s difficult to believe most haven’t abandoned his channel and Patreon yet. I can only assume that many haven’t heard him going off the reservation, and they keep finding out slowly but surely.

The big JW news at the moment is from Norway, and well covered on other channels. His channel is becoming increasingly irrelevant.

https://youtu.be/u5PbN9xDO7I

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    It’s difficult to believe most haven’t abandoned his channel and Patreon yet. I can only assume that many haven’t heard him going off the reservation, and they keep finding out slowly but surely.

It's a content issue. With longtime stalwarts like Mark O'Donnell and Javier Ortiz breaking ties and refusing to work with him anymore, he finds himself scraping the bottom of the barrel for guests. He had one guest recently who was on his channel 3 years ago and it was ostensibly to "catch up". He's no longer the go-to source for all things exJW and a huge part of his appeal to Patrons was him flying all over the world for events.

He's essentially back to where he started - a lonely man making videos from his basement in Croatia. Patrons are catching on that his channel is not the place where the breaking news and action occurs.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

He's essentially back to where he started - a lonely man making videos from his basement in Croatia. Patrons are catching on that his channel is not the place where the breaking news and action occurs.

That is the best part. The people that brought him the news and insider leaks have taken their tips elsewhere. Patrons will probably remain for a little longer, but if he is not the go-to place for insider JW news, then there is nothing special about what he does. I can't imagine his doing multiple hour rebuttals being the driving force of his channel. Very few find that stuff entertaining and it is the same reactions every time. He has also done (based only on the titles as I refuse to watch them) two relationship advise videos. Why would anybody seek relationship advise from this guy? I would hope they were inquiries he was holding on to before his confession video.

• Simon
    Simon
    Why would anybody seek relationship advise from this guy?

Welcome to "Lloyds Lessons on Love" the new channel for relationship advice. Todays questions:

Lloyd, I recently made a slight error of judgement and accidentally slept with prostitutes for 4 years. The question is, should I tell ALL my work colleagues or only the female ones?

Lloyd, how do I explain that prostitution is a perfect fine and acceptable career choice to my young daughters?

Lloyd, my wife won't let me sleep around with other women. Obviously divorce is expensive and I'd have to hire a cleaner plus I live in her parents basement and am pretty comfy with the setup. How much do I need to humilate her publicly before she realizes she's being cruel and unreasonable?

Lloyd, I convinced random people on the internet to give me money to advocate for victims of abuse. Now some of them don't want to pay up anymore and say it's because I spend MY money on things that remind them of the abuse they suffered. How many do I need to shout at and block before they will start paying me again?

Lloyd, I wrote a book describing my past inappropriate behavior with girls and told everyone I can't control myself sexually. Now people are accusing me of inappropriate sexual behavior with girls. I've tried sending pretend law-talking letters to some of them, but they just laughed at me. How big should I pretend my legal and PR team is to try to scare them enough to stop laughing?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    I can't imagine his doing multiple hour rebuttals being the driving force of his channel.

I always preferred his shorter videos, especially those "sushi" ones he did that were a few minutes long. Those required him to focus on a specific point or argument, and I think he was better prepared and more concise. I couldn't sit through the multi-hour videos, and I saw no benefit to the talk-by-talk and point-by-point videos covering entire assembly programs. One of the best parts of leaving the organization was not having to grind through eight hours of 'instruction.' I wasn't going to do that again, even if it was the MST3K guys doing it.

I think his best option now is to (1)admit he screwed up and promise his remaining supporters (and any potential return/future supporters) that he's dedicating himself to getting his life in order. (2)Get back to short, focused videos on current JW news and info --including the rebuttal sushi videos-- and don't do anymore personal stuff. (3)Stop being an asshole. I'm guessing that 1 and 3 just aren't going to happen; he'll probably try to ride it out and won't realize that it's not working until he's well past rock-bottom.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Reading his old posts here, especially those where he had recently woken up reveal a lot about his character. He legitimately felt he was intellectually superior to this forum and didn't mince words.

Once confronted he tries to back away with it, but with the original premise still intact:

"An experienced woman recently remarked to me when I exposed my genitals to her that I was well-endowed. In fact so well endowed she lamented that this quality was lacking with most men today".

"Hey, don't be so full of yourself"

"Oh I didn't say that! In fact I feel that my 33 cm is rather average! It's not my fault people think I have a giant dick!"

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

I always preferred his shorter videos, especially those "sushi" ones he did that were a few minutes long. Those required him to focus on a specific point or argument, and I think he was better prepared and more concise. I couldn't sit through the multi-hour videos, and I saw no benefit to the talk-by-talk and point-by-point videos covering entire assembly programs. One of the best parts of leaving the organization was not having to grind through eight hours of 'instruction.'

The "sushi" videos were just the better segments of the multiple hour videos. Lloyd's video editor would simply keep track of anything that was actually interesting and make 15 minute or less segments of those. Honestly it is a good way to keep generating content for the channel by doing the exact same amount of "work."

Simon, we should call up Lloyd's voicemail (speakpipe) and use those questions.

• davesalad
    davesalad

With the exception of a few impassioned posters, things seem to have died down on the twitter front in terms of LE discussion. Maybe he’s just blocked everyone and they’re all getting on with their lives.

A slow fade into obscurity ensues

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    NCC Simon, we should call up Lloyd's voicemail (speakpipe) and use those questions.

Don't!!😂🤣😭That's exactly what I was thinking!!

Simon's hysterical, I was tempted to post his "Roy Devon's" smack down story on Reddit🤣

• Simon
    Simon
    Reading his old posts here, especially those where he had recently woken up reveal a lot about his character. He legitimately felt he was intellectually superior to this forum and didn't mince words.

He tries to make out that other people's privacy concerns are unfounded paranoia but by contrast its being extra cautious when he does it. Kind of laughable because he signed up with a personal email that identified both him and his wife, so whatever he thinks he's good at ... in reality he really isn't.

Also, we know he subsequently put very little effort into protecting people's identities. So no one should be giving him any personal information as he's not capable of protecting it and may well weaponize it against them if he takes a dislike to someone.

we should call up Lloyd's voicemail (speakpipe) and use those questions
    I was tempted to post his "Roy Devon's" smack down story on Reddit

I know some people who will be added to the litigation! LOL

I think his best option now is to (1)admit he screwed up and promise his remaining supporters (and any potential return/future supporters) that he's dedicating himself to getting his life in order. (2)Get back to short, focused videos on current JW news and info --including the rebuttal sushi videos-- and don't do anymore personal stuff. (3)Stop being an asshole. I'm guessing that 1 and 3 just aren't going to happen; he'll probably try to ride it out and won't realize that it's not working until he's well past rock-bottom.

His window of opportunity has passed. As I posted many pages back in this thread he should have made an apology, admitted his failings, promised to do better and then gone away. Now anything he does like that will look like it's insincere not least because it will be.

He still doesn't appear to have grasped that he's made things worse. He made a big public deal about the "lies" told about him and how his team of legal-beagles were going to set things straight.

That attempt seems to have, well, crashed and burned at takeoff. So what are we to make of the "lies" that go undefended?

And it's not just random accusations. These were credible accusations that appeared to fit his own narrative and subsequent confession video.

At some point people are going to wonder ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit