It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• davesalad
    davesalad

I think our difficulty in comprehending his apparent self absorption speaks volumes of the level of dysfunction he operates at. It’s so far removed from the balanced psyche that it nearly seems unbelievable.

He preceded his ‘confession’ with self-victimisation, implying justification for his actions. There’s evidence of avoidance of accountability there. And the fact he felt the need to tell someone, I speculate, could be evidence of vestigial principles of absolution from being in the cult. A poorly judged and inappropriate avenue to do so was chosen by him.

To me it seems he’s still very much in the grip of the emotional and psychological control of the cult and his ‘activism’ is his attempt to prove to himself that he’s not. Maybe I’m speculating too deeply here, I don’t know.

Either way, the dude needs lots and lots of therapy

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I feel sorry for the kids, if they don’t know now what is going on, sure as heck one day they will.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Has he updated us on any good movies? Or perhaps given us some stellar relationship advice? I heard he was doing that now.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    "... so in summary, I'm telling you, my work colleague, about my wife's cruel refusal to give me permission to cheat on her so that you will appreciate and understand why I've had to sleep with hookers regularly for the last 4 years."

Not only that, but a VOLUNTEER co-worker who wasn't being compensated at all for the work she put in for this man who collected donations to support said work. It's like volunteering at a refugee center and having your well compensated boss take you aside and remark how it's just awful that his wife can't just tolerate his crack habit. As he stands against the building trying to freebase, he mumbles something through the crackpipe about how you could help by getting yourself in touch with his wife and talk about all the good work he does. And try not to bother him too much as he's under a lot of stress and needs to go score more crack.

Telling female co-workers who were under your management about your activities with prostitutes and encouraging them to reach out to the wife to convince her it was all OK is sexual harassment. And he had the nerve to complain about being exposed.

He's been enabled all these years by vulnerable exJWs and his wife. And it's still going on even after all this.

• Simon
    Simon
    I feel sorry for the kids, if they don’t know now what is going on, sure as heck one day they will.

Yeah, at a fundamental level if he thinks it's OK and normal to use prostitutes then surely it's OK for his daughter(s) to be on the other side of that trade? If not, why not? Because I don't believe most people, even the ones trying to excuse it, really genuinely believe it's OK and normal, and what really drives that home is whether they would want their own daughter(s) doing it.

Maybe one of his patreons could ask him that question instead of simply enabling it with their donations.

If the kids don't find out what he did themselves, someone else will, and they will tell them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    , at a fundamental level if he thinks it's OK and normal to use prostitutes then surely it's OK for his daughter(s) to be on the other side of that trade? If not, why not? Because I don't believe most people, even the ones trying to excuse it, really genuinely believe it's OK and normal, and what really drives that home is whether they would want their own daughter(s) doing it.

Bingo!!! Give that man a medal someone!
    It's not about 'judgement' of sex workers, it's not about being 'prudes' or being unable to shake our 'typical JW prejudices'!

It's about not having the hypocrisy to advocate for a way of life that you would never wish for your own loved ones - your daughters, sisters or mother's.

Those girls are all somebody's daughter John Cedar's....

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    One can scubadive in warm tropical waters and see sex workers in the same trip.

If he'd just said "I'm going to be doing some snorkeling," he might have avoided so much angst!

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Yeah, at a fundamental level if he thinks it's OK and normal to use prostitutes then surely it's OK for his daughter(s) to be on the other side of that trade? If not, why not?

Or you can turn the same situation he forced upon his wife and place it upon one of his adult daughters. How about his son-in-law seeing prostitutes or using intravenous drugs? A friend of his daughter then steps forth and exposes it, fearing she had been manipulated into accepting it.

Is he going to tell that friend to mind her own business?

It's not a matter of if but when his daughters find out how much of a scumbag their father is. There were other results not related to "Lloyd Evans" in a search browser until now. Daddy's made the front page and not in a good way.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    It's not a matter of if but when his daughters find out how much of a scumbag their father is. There were other results not related to "Lloyd Evans" in a search browser until now. Daddy's made the front page and not in a good way.

That’s inevitable.

Mid-life crisis always defies rationalty.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector

Yeah, at a fundamental level if he thinks it's OK and normal to use prostitutes then surely it's OK for his daughter(s) to be on the other side of that trade? If not, why not?

We can leave his daughters out of the equation for now. What if Dijana wanted a little side business. Surely if Lloyd can go out and pay for a little attention, someone else might want to pay for a good time with his wife. It might even be enough money to make up for the Patreon support he lost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit