It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

A question regarding patron could some people have just forgotten their one? Like for whatever reason they don't see the deductions from their account or their just really busy??? Idk I know this sounds hella dumb but like maybe??

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO
    patron could some people have just forgotten their one

It’s possibly if they don’t check their statements and emails 🤷‍♀️ many new out exjw’s are so confused that they give lloyd and join without knowing what they are signing up for 👍

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    And I thought that he was focusing on convention videos??? Why is he doing all these little caller videos and interviews?? Pretty sure he still hasn't talked about the new documentary or anything else relevant.

I don't watch his material any more, but I know if I did I'd be increasingly irritated by his obsession with all these so-called "sushi" clips and voicemail responses.

I know it's relatively quiet in JW-land right now since the last major story around the departure of Anthony Morris, but there are still some bigger stories which he has either not covered at all or has been very late to address. His reaction to events in the JW world lately has been very lacklustre, and that's in part because he's lost the contacts he used to have and also, as others have noted, he's clearly lost interest and is just going through the motions now despite his claims that this is his livelihood and he is committed to his "work".

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    A question regarding patron could some people have just forgotten their one? Like for whatever reason they don't see the deductions from their account or their just really busy??? Idk I know this sounds hella dumb but like maybe??

This isn't just possible this is very probable to have happened. I once had a payout to a service every month and I didn't notice it until 2 years later and I promptly canceled it.

• Simon
    Simon

It's one of the reasons companies love subscription services - a good percentage of people forget about them. B2B are especially lucrative as someone may signup, leave the company, and they keep paying for it.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JM His reaction to events in the JW world lately has been very lacklustre, and that's in part because he's lost the contacts he used to have and also, as others have noted, he's clearly lost interest and is just going through the motions now despite his claims that this is his livelihood and he is committed to his "work".

Loss of contacts is a major problem for him for sure.

However there have been some pretty major breakthrough's recently for activists in various countries - such as Norway - and JW interest stories like the Vardy documentary. There's also a big protest planned for WBTS of Pennsylvania for the first time. Tied in with the huge story there regarding the Grand Jury investigation & Martin Haughs subpoena to testify, together with other witness elders.

But your'll hear none of this from Cedars because for years he's refused to cover stories if they are in any way connected with an EXJW he has an issue with.

Or in fact even if he doesn't have beef with anyone, but is just butt hurt that HE hasn't been invited to play the starring role in whatever is happening. Especially if there's any press coverage.

He really is that petty and perfectly willing to damage his channel - and career - than give a moment's air time to his own personal "book bag of deplorables"!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He clearly hates doing JW videos now. I can’t imagine who enjoys watching this stuff either. It would have been better for himself as well as for everyone else if the channel had abruptly crashed and he was forced to move on to something else than his JW video business already. As it is the channel will probably die a very slow death and at the end of a long drawn out process he will have nothing o fall back on. At least if it had ended abruptly he would have had to face up to finding an alternative way of making a living.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    He really is that petty and perfectly willing to damage his channel...
    It would have been better for himself as well as for everyone else if the channel had abruptly crashed and he was forced to move on to something else

True. He could've got over the blow to his ego in a shorter time, shut things down and moved on, which would also have saved the rest of us from having him hanging about too.

As it is, he's stuck getting more and more frustrated and bitter, raging against the dying of the light for however many months it takes for the whole thing to grind to a halt (or until he gives up and brings an end to it), and becoming more of a painful haemorrhoid on the backside of the exJW community in the meantime.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Lloyd doesn’t want any part of a movement he cannot dominate. He does not envision exJW activism having any kind of success without him.

He wants the money he made in 2021 and before and it’s slowly creeping on him that he has a much lower ceiling now. He isn’t really interested in the activism part anymore. It’s even been stated that he is ambivalent about getting back into it since it could possibly benefit those who criticise him.

People lose interest in their jobs all the time. It’s not unheard of that someone his age could possibly switch careers. This gig he has is just not working anymore. You can’t run an animal charity and hate them at the same time. He’s just not suited for this kind of work. It’s a dead end job because he’ll always be struggling to advance. So he’ll be on this hamster wheel for as long as he keeps up the exJW charade.

Once his case is dismissed, it will negatively impact his reputation and donation base even further. He’s painted himself into a corner and is trapped. I imagine he’ll just follow WT’s playbook and pretend it never happened.

To that end, I think we should get our hands on the final ruling in this case when it comes and have it professionally translated into English for posterity. People need to know how he threatened people and slandered them as “criminal defendants” when in reality it was a frivolous case that got dismissed.

• ForeverAlone
    ForeverAlone
    Once his case is dismissed

How is anyone going to know if the case gets dismissed? As far as I know none of the M12 has ever gotten a reply from Lloyd's lawyers and he would never in 100 years tell anyone that it has been dismissed. Is someone in contact with the court itself in Croatia to be able to know this when it comes?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit