It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Well done INNA đź‘Źđź‘Źđź‘Ź

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

@Kim

She says thanks! And wanted to remind everyone that as long as it's going down, we're happy. What I wouldn't give to see him crapping bricks right now... not literally of course...

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Congrats Inna.

I had extensive words of appreciation prepared, but then I thought of all the lives that were not going to be saved because Lloyd wasn’t paid as much as he wanted. We all have blood on our hands.

As JWN era Lloyd would say, “You are doing the GB’s work for them!”

Welp.

So sad.

• Diamondfrog
    Diamondfrog

The more he loses the more we win.

• JeffT
  • DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

@Jeff Thank you! I'm not always good with these forums so I appreciate the help. About to read it through now.

Happy 4th to all the Americans BTW.

• JeffT
    JeffT

A question about the Patreon numbers, my inner accountant suddenly got interested after the thread about his month-end total. I think we are missing some information, or I can't find it on the website.

Are the end of month numbers we see every month just a report of the number of contributors he has at that point in time? Or can we see the additions and subtractions? In any business these are critical pieces of information, usually referred to as customer retention. Let's say you have 500 customers and 499 of them terminate their subscription. If you sign up 499 new subscribers your total is still at 500, so the lost customers don't show up in the numbers. But these are all new customers, lacking any history or commitment to you.

Cycling customers like this is a sign of a business in trouble. You want repeat business, if you can't keep customers coming back, your problems will eventually sink your business.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    You want repeat business

I get my hair cut in the same barber shop because he knows exactly what I want, he is a good barber, therefore I keep going back. He has a lot of loyal customers because he knows how to treat his loyal customers.

Lloyd treats everyone the same way, you are a friend if you wipe his ass, and you are an enemy if you tell him to go wipe his own ass. His business model stinks.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    If you sign up 499 new subscribers your total is still at 500, so the lost customers don't show up in the numbers. But these are all new customers, lacking any history or commitment to you.
    You make an apt point. Most of his patrons 2021 and prior have fled him. Probably 3/4ths at least. Most of his current support consists of people who have just joined and are seeing the current output of LE, not the one who was on Leah Remini and the go-to EXJW source in the news media. They are seeing this pathetic middle aged man dye his hair and do standup about wanking. They hear about unspecified “defamation” and how he’s always needing more money to make his videos. Then he gets routinely outperformed by other exJW YTers.
    Cycling customers like this is a sign of a business in trouble. You want repeat business, if you can't keep customers coming back, your problems will eventually sink your business.
    This is why many of us here on this thread and elsewhere have stated that this is unsustainable. The begging stunt only masked a deeper problem with his business model, and that was one of retention. That video was very manipulative and full of false information. He claimed “the defamation has failed” before contradicting himself by saying it has caused a lot of his financial support to dry up.

This is the reason why Lloyd is dead set on scaring people into being silent about him by threatening legal actions. I cannot stress this enough: that was a huge and unforced blunder. He has mismanaged this crisis from the beginning by not addressing the problem and attacking all those who offer critiques of him. He’ll never get it right. He’s a narcissist and a bully who is going down fighting. There was never going to be an instance where he sat down, acknowledged the concerns and offered to make real changes. People are lured back in by offering them your hand, not the middle finger. He missed that boat anyway and people are finding out how much of an angry and bitter man he is. People are finding out that this is all about the money for him and he’s not lifting a finger he doesn’t have to if not compensated to the level he thinks he’s entitled to.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Are the end of month numbers we see every month just a report of the number of contributors he has at that point in time? Or can we see the additions and subtractions?

AFAIK, there is no way for someone who is not the account holder to see any breakdown of patrons, but I'm not familiar with how the site works as I've never been a member. Someone else may know better.

His low point so far was 387 patrons, a number he fell to twice within four months (Jan-Apr this year).

I think we can assume that the vast majority of his increase since then is from new patrons, although it's impossible to know how many of those are people who had previously been following him on YouTube but had not signed up, versus those who are totally new to his channel. At the current number (today down to 503) that means 116 of his patrons are newer signups (since April this year).

Those 116 at least are probably quite volatile as they may feel at any time they are no longer willing or able to give money to support what he is doing. Even those who have been following him for some time but paying nothing may decide to withdraw financial support if they feel it's not worth it or they can no longer afford to do so. Several who began paying him after his begging video said their financial situation was difficult but they were persuaded by his pleadings to contribute.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit