It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon
    I suspect this is his medium term plan: to stop making videos altogether but leave old videos up and keep collecting donations from whoever is stupid enough to keep sending him money. That would probably amount to substantial free money each month for years to come.

No one cares about outdated YouTube videos about an obscure religion. Most of his content is ephemeral as it's commentary on latest convention talks etc... Those get outdated very quickly, and views will fall off very fast, so there will never be lots of sustained base-level traffic.

The era of tech companies throwing printed money at creators is coming to an end. The economics of most of it was always fake but perpetuated while money was sloshing about in the system. But now people are tightening their belts, and that includes advertisers.

The majority of his Patreons would have to drop him if he didn't create new any fresh relevant content. Most are too dumb to realize that's pretty much already the case, but even the stalwarts will give up when it's past even pretending.

Other people will arrive that do things better, produce better content, appeal more to the newer audiences because they'll have newer relevant experiences than his outdated knowledge of the WTS.

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    Lloyd won't fully commit to mastering the black art of penis control until he hits 300 patrons.

Maybe if/when his numbers drop below 400 again, we should send him a copy of this to help with his "studies"...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50809845-mastery-of-the-penis

•  Debra
    Debra

😄 I won, well we're all winners as lo g as his numbers continue to drop

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

Well done Debra 👏👏👏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

slimboyfat: Making money on YouTube is probably a (relatively) transitory phenomenon.

I agree. Trusting that YouTube revenue will keep coming in for any extended period of time is very risky. Not only because tastes change and the landscape for video content can change, but companies like YT have an unpleasant habit of changing the rules on monetization, and those tend to work in favor of the company and not the content creator.

Patreon itself may be gone in twenty years, but I think the subscriber model for direct support of a content creator will still exist. However, it requires a steady stream of content produced on a regular schedule, and Evans seems to be struggling with this at present. He was able to become a big fish in the very small exJW pond. But the atheist 'pond' is vastly larger and more competitive, and the less we say about his singing and comedic abilities, the better.

• Toblerone5
    Toblerone5

Just check the numbers on Patreon .com . Still 504 ! 🥳🥳🥳

• JeffT
    JeffT

but I think the subscriber model for direct support of a content creator will still exist. However, it requires a steady stream of content produced on a regular schedule, and Evans seems to be struggling with this at present.

His problem is that he hitched his wagon to a dying horse. Take a look at Pontoon's thread about the decline he's noticed in the WTBS. Lloyd built his initial following based on refuting WTBS propaganda. The Watchtower is not producing new material at anything like its old output. Therefore there is nothing to comment on.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors

Great, now I get to hear her gloat all month lol. JK she's a good peach, says it was fun and we'll definitely be around for August's countdown. Emphasis on the DOWN. And thanks to everyone for playing!

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972
    His tweeted today that he went to see the new Indiana Jones movie.

He would. Apparently, it is the worst indy film in the franchise. Disney once again destroys another icon. Right up Lloyd's street.

• DerekMoors
    DerekMoors
    Take a look at Pontoon's thread about the decline he's noticed in the WTBS.

Can someone share a link for that? I tried searching this site but am obviously doing something wrong...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit