Is Trump Doing Better Than You Thought As President!

by minimus 152 Replies latest jw friends

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

VW - best suggestion I have heard all day!

• LV101
    LV101

HE'S doing AWESOME. Proves the old political playbook is a farce.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

People are horribly delusional.
    It is so sad how people like this wannabe dictator.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@Simon - excellent post on page 6.

He didn't make things better for black people even - but then the dems like their slaves angry and voting for them now since they were forced to free them - ouch! If you're a Dem and you read that, it's gotta hurt!

And more about Obama & Clinton: they observed Bush's mistake of destabilising Iraq by removing Saddam Hussein, then they did the exact same thing - they destabilised Libya by removing Gaddafi! ... FWIW, Trump hasn't destabilised any country. He's just trying to clear up the mess made by his two predecessors and Clinton.

Politics is the difference between North Korea and South Korea.

Yeah, it can be tedious and tiresome. But when it comes to how our governments are shaped there are only two options - to engage in discussion or to use force - absolutely.

I think Obama fanned the flames of racism across America by virtue of him a black man being rich. popular and successful - ha ha ha WTF?!

People in America and indeed in other countries are used to African-Americans being rich & successful, going back decades and generations and starting approximately from HW champ Joe Louis ... Sugar Ray Robinson, Muhammad Ali, Jim Brown, Wilt Chamberlain, Marvin Gay, Tammie Tyrell, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Prince, Morgan Freeman, Samuel L. Jackson, Will Smith, Beyonce, Condi Rice, Michelle Obama ... should I go on?

Actually there was once a black man who fanned the flames of racism nation-wide because he was rich & successful. He was former HW boxing champ Jack Johnson ... he was born in 1878.

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

Actually, John Arthur "Jack" Johnson did not have to do any fanning.

Racism, aka Jim Crow, was in full flame during his tenure as HW champ, and continues to this day.

Johnson flaunted his ability to attract White women, knocked out Jeffries in 1910, setting off race riots across the USA.

William Waring Cuney, a Harlem Renaissance poet, paid tribute to the fight in his poem, My Lord, What a Morning.

I remember old-timers referring to this and the Joe Louis/Max Schmeling fight of 1938 as if it had just recently happened.

As I learned at Uni, HISTORY is an unsparing discipline.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Actually, John Arthur "Jack" Johnson did not have to do any fanning - indeed. When today's trendy people debate whether the movie Gremlins (1984) is racist or whether 'niggly' is offensive because it's similar to the N word, it's good to bear in mind the genuine racism that Jack Johnson experienced. Before the Jeffries fight, he received an anonymous letter that said 'Lie down tomorrow or we'll string you up. KKK'.

He had to flee the US because he broke some racist law that stated it was illegal for a black man to transport a white woman across state boundaries for 'immoral purposes' ... in practice, this meant it was impossible for a black guy to move around if he dared to have a white girlfriend.

Most of White America, even in the more progressive north, loathed him. He didn't act the way America wanted its black citizens to act.

But Johnson was a helluva guy, and he'd never take anything laying down. He flaunted his wealthy life style, fast cars and white women. He knew what scared white men of the time, so he apparently wrapped his penis in swathes of gauze under his tight shorts when he trained!

The typical view of black people of the time was that they were dumb, uncouth and ugly. Johnson was the opposite, a handsome guy who flashed his golden smile and was cultured and by all accounts erudite.

Have you read Unforgivable Blackness? It's a great read.

Whether Johnson fanned the flames or not, my response was to Fink's post. He seems to think America is still living in the Jim Crow era. He must've bypassed the Sixties!

• Tara N Seals
    Tara N Seals

I read Unforgivable Blackness some time ago - time for a refresher, however.

What I believe Fink meant is that Obama brought to the fore the latent bias against Black people that was supposedly eradicated by Civil Rights legislation.

LOL at the penis swath visual!

• Outahere
    Outahere

Geez the Trump Derangement Syndrome is off the charts.

A deplorable kindly fixes this lady's car when she's on the side of the road and she can't process that there are normal people out there not consumed by anger and hate.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/Column-I-detest-Trump-but-a-redneck-fixed-my-Prius-with-zip-ties-_165095870

Column: I detest Trump, but a ‘redneck’ fixed my Prius with zip ties

I went to the Women’s March in Washington, D.C., and I arrived home feeling heartbroken. It was the last way I expected to feel.
    My fury has been bottomless. I drink my morning coffee from a cup that says, "I hate to wake up when Donald Trump is President." The constancy of my outrage has been exhausting, yet I have not yet found a way to quell it — nearly each day has brought a new reason to stoke the fire.

An act of kindness makes her hate even more.

As I drove home, I felt the full extent to which Trump has actually diminished my own desire to be kind. He is keeping me so outraged that I hold ill will toward others on a daily basis. Trump is not just ruining our nation, he is ruining me. By the end of the drive, I felt heartbroken.

Of course she's driving a Prius with a "RESIST" sticker LOL.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

What I believe Fink meant is that Obama brought to the fore the latent bias against Black people that was supposedly eradicated by Civil Rights legislation - what bias against black people?

All the old barriers came crashing down in the Sixties and Fink posts a comment like it never happened.

Barack Obama, a mixed-race guy born to an Irish-American mother and Kenyan father, had a relatively comfortable upbringing, was educated at Harvard, became a successful politician and was elected US president. Now as ex-president he lives a life of luxury no doubt charging hundreds of thousands of dollars to speak on the lucrative after-dinner circuit.

There doesn't seem to be much bias in the US mainstream.

Yes of course, there are unfortunately still racist people. But these people are losers who get drunk in low-life bars and then come home afterwards and chase their sisters around the house with a hard-on. If people wanna be racist in the privacy of their own home and say "so-and-so's a black b******" or even "so-and-so's a white b******" there's little if anything we can do.

The US electorate absolutely adored Obama when they voted for him. By the end of his presidency, public opinion had shifted somewhat. I think there's much more to this than putting it down to racism ...

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Personally I think the political system in the US just sucks. it operates so much in partisan politics that policy ideas to really help the population never get done or they get stumbled because one party is positioned in prejudice against the other party.

Trump may add value to the American economic infrastructure but he does so in a manner of being faintly corrupt and dishonest in the endeavoring process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit