Is Trump Doing Better Than You Thought As President!

by minimus 152 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know that some here detested him while others may have simply accepted the reality of who is President.

Do you think he is better than you might have thought as a President?

• oppostate
    oppostate
    Is Trump Doing Better Than You Thought As President!

Heck NO! I thought a year ago that maybe he'd be better than my low expectations would have him do, but he's dropped the bar even lower for himself.

He continually astounds me with his ignorance and his tactless tweets. His narcissistic and grandiose self promotion is appalling. And too, his divisive policies are doing harm to the country and its people. One of the worst American presidents in history.

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm

• minimus
    minimus

I feel just the opposite lol.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Separate the man Donald J. Trump from the President and my answer is -Yes.

President Trump is doing much of what he said he would do. If he talks about things that seem to contradict his election campaign it's because its part of a strategy. Case in point - DACA.

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals was not a law. It wasn't even an Executive Order as it was unconstitutional. Rather, it was a memo telling immigration officials not to deport criminal aliens brought to the US as children before 1987 if they registered with federal immigration authorities. Democrats in the US Senate refused to pass a continued resolution to fund the federal government (the US Congress has failed to pass a budget since 2009 which is why the US is not over 20 Trillion in debt) unless those effected by DACA were addressed.

To address this, President Trump asked for legislation to give a pathway to citizenship to some 800,000 that actually registered under DACA and the million+ more that chose not to in exchange for an end to chain-migrations, the VISA lottery, and for funding to build a border wall. This request far surpasses the demands to address DACA recipients. Senate Democrats won't approve it and Trump knows that. Trump is just exposing them.

In the end what really matters to individual Americans is "How are doing personally since Trump took office?"

My family and I are doing great. I got a 12.5% pay at work. I keep more of the money I earn as taxes went down. My retirement is solid because for the first time in history the Dow Jones Industrial market exceed 26K points and stock returns are averaging a 23% return. I just filed my income tax. I made more money in 2017, but have a larger return than 2016 because I qualify for the Child Earned Income Tax Credit again even though I am in a higher tax bracket.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2016, but I think I will in 2020.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

First year: I would have to say yes.

Even though I was glad that SHE didn’t get in, I was a little scared about him but I was cautiously optimistic. I figure if he screws up he’ll never be elected again.

I agree with what TRUTHBKNOWN above says.

• jp1692
    jp1692

No way. He is worse—way worse—than I ever imagined and my expectations were low.

He is dangerous in many ways. He isn’t even helping his base and yet many of them double-down and continue to support him.

It’s frankly quite bizarre that not everyone can see this.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not really , he stumbles with ideas and policies that reek of a lack of experience, like someone who has no or little experience in government affairs or operations.

Kind of like a guy who was always a self driven bias minded individual who pursued his businesses interests with little concern to others or concerns regarding the environment.

In essence he acts like a lying corrupt businessmen who always has underling agendas to help the rich business elite or himself, he even sweet talks the public like he's concerned about social concerns regarding health and welfare of the poor and disadvantaged or the working class.

He even placed people in administration that are only loyal to his personal agendas of helping the rich industrialists.

Can anyone now trust what's going on behind that smile ?, people who've been JWS should know about the troubles men bring behind glowing smiles.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Probably the most truthful and only honest statement that has come out his mouth is that he's a super rich very smart businessman.

but there are troubles associated with people who only see things through a dollar bill.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Hey, Mussolini got the trains to run on time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit