Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav
    Let me add, to clarify not just blacks, Latino, men, women or whites am I referring to. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BREAK THE LAW should be “re-educated”.

Society doesn't work like that but nice try anyway

• minimus
    minimus

Based on your standards you want cops to be re-educated. But society should tolerate lawbreakers? Yeah! ✅ ok

• iXav
    iXav

You asked me if the police are the real problem my answer is below

Ix, do you think police are the real problem and that they make race relations worse??

Nope, politics and ignorance are the real culprits

You jumped to the conclusion that society should tolerate lawbreakers. That is a huge leap.

The whole point is simple, police should be held to a higher standard because of their relative authority. The same way you will want your pilot to be held to a higher standard.

• minimus
    minimus

Well I’ve expressed as much as I can for you so far. I knew it wouldn’t be easy after you couldn’t proceed without the definition of systemic racism. Lol

• iXav
    iXav
    Well I’ve expressed as much as I can for you so far. I knew it wouldn’t be easy after you couldn’t proceed without the definition of systemic racism.

Jehovah has been kind and I have asked him for power beyond what is normal

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

LOL, where did you get that from?

You do know about a thing on computers called GOOGLE, don't you? You may want to try to learn how to use it!

• iXav
    iXav
    You do know about a thing on computers called GOOGLE, don't you? You may want to try to learn how to use it!

you are making Google look bad if that is all you can come up with

• iXav
    iXav

this systemic racism thing is getting thin, can we please blame Jehovah instead, he caused all this.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@iXav:

Yeah. This whole concept has the scent of bull shirt surrounding it, doesn't it?

The thing is that when a rational group of individuals get together on a former JW forum and try to make sense of the idea of "systemic racism", the conversation starts by defining terms - a completely reasonable place to begin. And before we know it, rational definitions are proposed.

But when you corner, if you can, a true believer in "systemic racism", you can't seem to get a plain, coherent definition. They waffle around because they want to assert the most ridiculous idea, that when said out loud in a succinct way, makes them sound exactly racist. The country is steeped in "systemic" racism because they view the world through the lens of power struggles, like a good Marxist critical theorist. It is assumed, a-priori, that racism is baked into every level of society, from soup to nuts, to bolster the white dominant hold in this power struggle. This is where they start their entire view of the world. This is the foundation. It's not "systemic" because you can define the concept and prove it through evidence, it's "systemic" because it just is - as if it were a brute fact, as obvious as 2+2=4. To deny systemic racism is like denying math, and only shows your "fragility".

From that point on it is the job of the SJW anti-racist to find the racism hiding everywhere. That is, to be "critical" and show how "problematic" all aspects of society actually are - exposing the racism that's under the surface of every situation.

Hence you get the forked up logic of the 1619 project. You get the woke crowd from the Smithsonian declaring that fundamental virtues like being on time, hard work, delayed gratification are just signs of "whiteness".

Ironically, the anti-racist ideas are actually the most racist by definition. And now, as politicians back and promote legistion with these ideas, they are, in fact injecting racism into the system again, making the "systemic racism" real ... well, at least how rational people would define it.

• Simon
    Simon
    as obvious as 2+2=4

erm, isn't "2+2=4" now evidence of "systemic racism"?

I kid you not, if you haven't seen it, that is an actual claim. Math is racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit