Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I read about that case. Its sick. The police who did that to her are sick in the head.

• minimus
    minimus

Can ANYTHING be improved? Probably. Nothing is perfect. Defunding the police isn’t the solution or taking a huge amount out of the budget.

why is it that minorities seem to be always shown in confrontations with police? Is it just the news media that’s trying to push an agenda that happens to be a democrat talking point? Perhaps. Do typical police officers enjoy seeing an elderly person hurt ? I don’t think so. But since it appears that is what happened, should we say the entire police system needs better training?? I don’t think so.

• iXav
    iXav
    why is it that minorities seem to be always shown in confrontations with police?

You actually see what you want to see.

But since it appears that is what happened, should we say the entire police system needs better training?? I don’t think so.

I am now wondering if you just want to keep this thread going for the sake of it or you really believe the above. For the sake of the later, I will give you an example of Andreas Lubitz a german pilot who purpose crashed the plane Germanwings Flight 9525. He messed up so bad that some airlines put in place new regulatory system and psychology assessment for pilots.

One pilot messed up, they recognized a problem and they put in place procedure to improve the system.

"should we say the entire police system needs better training" not if you don't believe there is a problem.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I admit I have not read all comments. That said, a synonym of systemic is inherent. So systemic racism would be inherent racism. Those who claim that people of light complexion are inherently racist against dark skinned people are just plain wrong. NO ONE is inherently racist! I do admit I am getting more and more prejudiced against certain races simply because of the way they act. I do not see a lot of so called White people burning down businesses, looting buisnesses for things that have nothing to do with "poverty", attacking and beating police (some even dying from the injuries) and then perpetually whining about how misunderstood and mistreated they are.

Several decades ago I worked with a Black man. We got along quite well. He was from the deep south of the U.S. He told me that when he grew up there were three kinds of people of African descent. The Blacks whom he said were productive, hard working, family oriented people. The coloreds who were pretty well on the same level as what would be termed poor White trash, trailer trash etc. And the nigger who was a lazy, welfare leech and bred indiscriminately and both the coloreds and the Blacks hated them. Now who was racist against those poor third class POC?

I have had a belly full of POC, as the lefties love to call them, blaming everything that goes wrong in their lives on some unknown, unseen White person! It is time for them to pull themselves up of the floor and move on! And enough of the riots, and the violence. That only serves to inflame a (justified) reaction.

• iXav
    iXav
    That said, a synonym of systemic is inherent

LOL, where did you get that from?

You didn't answer the original question "Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?"

• minimus
    minimus

Ix . Lol. Ok so a German pilot purposely crashed a plane and because of him they put into place procedures to improve the system. Maybe we can use a minority example of some lawbreaker shooting at the police and some institutions can use him as an example of why you shouldn’t think you can break the law without consequences. It’s not just police that should be trained. Procedures should be put into place to improve the system when it comes to the lawbreakers.

• minimus
    minimus

Let me add, to clarify not just blacks, Latino, men, women or whites am I referring to. ANYONE THAT WANTS TO BREAK THE LAW should be “re-educated”.

• iXav
    iXav
    Maybe we can use a minority example of some lawbreaker shooting at the police and some institutions can use him as an example of why you shouldn’t think you can break the law without consequences

What are you talking about ???

So you agree that their should be better rrocedures/regulations for policing, you just want to have the same thing for the lawbreakers.

So you agree that there should be better procedure for policing you just want to do the same for law breakers

• minimus
    minimus

What I’m saying is that any group can be better. Not just cops.

• minimus
    minimus

Blue lives matter. There’s too much of an attitude happening when a cop gets shot and some people say good! The pigs have it coming to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit