Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

The President of the United States says we have to do something about this. Many politicians and people agree that we are all affected by the scourge of systemic racism.

What’s your view of this? Side question if you are White. Do you feel bad because you are white to the detriment of other people of color??

• luckynedpepper
    luckynedpepper

What's your definition of "systemic racism"?

• iXav
    iXav

What's your definition of "systemic racism"?

Good question. Without a proper definition, this thread will likely go to #%@#$%@#%

• Steel
    Steel

Boy

You must have been one busy idiot at the meeting during the comments portion.

Sorry, that was mean.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I know for a fact you are not black, just by your comments and opinions on black issues, despite me never seeing you state the colour of your skin.

Isn't that a sad state of affairs.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I'm not ashamed to be white. That said, there are too many white people in this country who look down on people who don't look like them. Trump made that problem worse, but it was already here.

• iXav
    iXav

I'm not ashamed to be white. That said, there are too many white people in this country who look down on people who don't look like them. Trump made that problem worse, but it was already here.

Good point.

Let's wait for @minimus to provide a definition of "systemic racism" so that the actual discussion can begin.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

It's confession by projection. The left thinks racism is everywhere because their fundamental view is racist.

• iXav
    iXav

It's confession by projection. The left thinks racism is everywhere because their fundamental view is racist.

it still doesn't answer the original question and you cannot really answer it until you define the main issue.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    That said, there are too many white people in this country who look down on people who don't look like them.

The real question is who are the whites that look down on "people who don't look like them"?

It would be the whites that think blacks don't have any moral agency. It's the whites that think blacks can't operate outside the help of whites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit