Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Their definition is different than your definition

Well I really don't care if they have come up with their own definition, just as I don't care if they come with with their own definition of the law of gravity.

Systemic racist is the concept that I have explained, and it doesn't exist. As I mentioned shifting the goal posts by pretending systemic racism is something different is intellectually dishonest.

It's just as silly as when people try to assert that god exists, by saying that God is all of the love in the world.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's a bunch of horse shit designed to divide and distract the masses while the OverLords keep pooling money and power for themselves.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@redvip.

I get you. I agree. I was just pointing out that the mindset that spawned "systemic racism" is much more insidious and more akin to a religion. Thinking through it rationally is more like trying to convince the true believer their religion isn't true.

On the other hand, CRT is racism injected into the system.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

I again was listening to a podcast today where this college professor was saying that systemic racism is a reality, while again not providing anything concrete that supports this.

Systemic racism should be the easiest thing in the world to resolve. It should take no more than a few months, because laws and policies are fairly easy to change. What is not easy to change is racism because it lives in the minds of people and that you cannot change via legislation.

• minimus
    minimus

I’ve seen little babies at the Kingdom Hall being passed from one person to another because people wanted to hold the baby. One time a baby was being held and started screaming and crying. A black brother went to hold the child. Perhaps the baby was used to females or didn’t like men or was racist?? 😉

• Simon
    Simon
    Perhaps the baby was used to females or didn’t like men or was racist?

Did it make "OK" symbols with it's hands? That's always the giveaway.

• minimus
    minimus

Simon ... lol!!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Racists are emboldened and are more open in acts of racism (e.g., spraypainting swastikas, attacking Asians on the street, throwing around hateful slurs) - interesting comment.

There have been some examples of spraypainting swastikas and racial slurs that have turned out to have been done by black people, trying to make white supremacy a big issue.

And re attacking Asians, which group of people are overrepresented in that?

• minimus
    minimus

LUHE. Tough questions to contemplate for some people.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Tough questions to contemplate for some people - some people will consider those kind of questions … others will ignore them and say the US is 'systemically racist', lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit