Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

There are new examples of systemic racism as we speak: when authorities prioritize which businesses get aid and support based on the color of their owner, that is systemic racism. The news was reported that "minority owned businesses will receive priority" ... erm, why? And who has the color card to decide if someone is really dark enough and what the order should be?

Everything should be based purely on the same qualification rules for something, skin color should not count for or against anyone when it comes to entitlement or punishment.

Anything else is systemic racism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Everything should be based purely on the same qualification rules for something, skin color should not count for or against anyone when it comes to entitlement or punishment.

Anything else is systemic racism - yes.

We, in western, multicultural and multiracial countries, are having a bit of a problem.

Race hustlers like Al Sharpton or David Lammy note racial disparity in certain fields (e.g. company board members, people in prison, etc.) and immediately conclude that this means racial discrimination, hence, 'systemic racism'. But this is intellectually dishonest because they're ignoring all the actual factors - racism is just one of those factors. Other - often more important - factors are cultural differences and family structure, not to mention just freedom of choice.

Individual identity is greater than group identity. It has to be, otherwise society will degenerate into tribal violence.

Positive discrimination, like the example Simon just gave, is society going down the systemic racism route.

We have to just start seeing people as individuals and treating them accordingly.

• minimus
    minimus

Is it simply possible that there is a lack of so called diversity simply because qualifications is what’s being looked at?? Should Coca-Cola have less whites people on their board simply because there’s not enough people of color on the board?

Should the Black Muslims be censured for not allowing whites to be part of their decision making?

Why only attack whites for their so called privilege??

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I know for a fact you are not black, just by your comments and opinions on black issues, despite me never seeing you state the colour of your skin.

I guess you never heard of David Webb, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder or Candace Owens. Or maybe 'they ain't black' as one might say? It's a big world outside MSM, why don't you go out sometime?

• minimus
    minimus

Neat.... good one!!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Thomas Sowell - I could listen to that guy all day. Dude's an absolute legend.

A sane voice in a crazy world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4VPzEyxXck

• minimus
    minimus

True, and some people would rather keep blinders on and just rail against everything.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Systemic Racism: What’s Your View?

It's an industry and some divisive individuals and groups are making money out of it.

I don't have a Twitter account either. I have better things to do that buy into psychosis. (As another weirdly related subject....I just wanted that out there).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit