Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav
    “The system “ tries hard to accommodate all types. And your point is what regarding systemic racism??

I will refer you to your comment below

The system should be improved and people who are less qualified should not be given jobs because of their minority status. The system should reward people for their qualifications not for their lack of.
  • minimus
    minimus

Having police deters problems. You do think twice if you might get a speeding ticket or drive drunk or think you can simply pick a fight with your neighbor. The police can and do keep law and order . People who want to defund the police don’t want to be held accountable. They can freely burn down a business and know no one will hold them accountable.

• minimus
    minimus

IX , yeah. I said that . So? 🤔

• iXav
    iXav
    Having police deters problems. You do think twice if you might get a speeding ticket or drive drunk or think you can simply pick a fight with your neighbor.

I agree

• minimus
    minimus

I was responding to your comment about deaf people....

• minimus
    minimus

Ix, do you think police are the real problem and that they make race relations worse??

• iXav
    iXav
    Ix, do you think police are the real problem and that they make race relations worse??

Nope, politics and ignorance are the real culprits

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I want the police defunded and I live a peaceful, orderly life. I don't want to burn buildings down. Minimus, you're overgeneralizing a little and you've been doing that in this thread. Police brutality against non-whites continues to be a serious problem which needs addressing. By far, not every police shooting of a minority involves the minority attacking police.

• minimus
    minimus

John, I’m referring to TYPICAL news you see every day. So do you want to defund the police because of police brutality against non whites?? If you do , since you mentioned that point, I would say police brutality is not the norm against non whites. If it’s not the norm, why would you want to defund the police?? It’s overkill.

• iXav
    iXav
    I want the police defunded and I live a peaceful, orderly life. I don't want to burn buildings down. Minimus, you're overgeneralizing a little and you've been doing that in this thread. Police brutality against non-whites continues to be a serious problem which needs addressing. By far, not every police shooting of a minority involves the minority attacking police.

If you don't get to the root of the problem, you are just putting a plaster on it until the next explosion. "Defund the police" will not resolve the basic issue that most people are concerned about. People still want the police, but they just want them to do a better job.

The reason why it appears that only minorities are being targeted is that it makes the headlines and the news outlet just lap it up. An elderly white lady just got messed up by the police and the video appears to show that they police were actually pleased with their brutality.

Most will agree that the system can be improved, but they still deny that there is a problem. You can't improve something if you don't first recognize that there is a problem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit