Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I disagree completely that racism is on life support. Trump and his supporters have made things much worse than they used to be. Racists are emboldened and are more open in acts of racism (e.g., spraypainting swastikas, attacking Asians on the street, throwing around hateful slurs).

• iXav
    iXav
    I disagree completely that racism is on life support. Trump and his supporters have made things much worse than they used to be. Racists are emboldened and are more open in acts of racism (e.g., spraypainting swastikas, attacking Asians on the street, throwing around hateful slurs).

even if that is true, there is still a difference between that an Systemic Racism.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I concede that point.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Trump and his supporters have made things much worse than they used to be.

Give me a break. You got that exactly backwards.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Oh please, open your eyes.

• minimus
    minimus

In reality how many people are painting swastikas? Attacking Asians and slurring people? It’s minuscule . It does not represent what the news media is trying to suggest.

• minimus
    minimus

For the record I don’t know of any Trump supporters who paint swastikas, attack Asians and slur people. The suggestion is that Trump people are haters and this is what they do. It’s so stupid to believe this malarkey

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Now now, let's be civil :P Its in the news, ill link some stories in a minute.

• minimus
    minimus

The media will exacerbate these things. Really, the average person doesn’t think like this. Don’t believe the hype.

• iXav
    iXav
    In reality how many people are painting swastikas? Attacking Asians and slurring people? It’s minuscule . It does not represent what the news media is trying to suggest.

That is what causes most of the issues when some situations are blown out of proportions by some news outlet. They sometimes spin it to make it appear worse than it actually is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit