Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• iXav
    iXav
    You can’t complain that you are affected by systemic racism while you are accepting the fruits of affirmative action.

Yes you can. The same reason you work for a company were you get paid good $$$ and you still bitch about the working conditions. I could get more $$$ and work less hours and my boss doesn't appreciate my contribution. Basically, you are saying, I benefit from the system but the system can be improved

• iXav
    iXav
    IX, do you think we are inherently racist ??

Who is we?

• minimus
    minimus

Because it’s not really a police issue . It’s the criminal’s issue. The criminals should be held to a higher standard. You want to purposely break the law? YOU have to be accountable. You seem to suggest that it better trains the officer to report that he followed procedures. I have no issue with following procedures. But this is about the criminals not doing what THEY DO. If they were law abiding the police wouldn’t be involved in the first place.

• minimus
    minimus

IX , people in general

• iXav
    iXav
    If they were law abiding the police wouldn’t be involved in the first place.

If they were law abiding citizens the police wouldn't have a job. LOL

The criminals should be held to a higher standard

No comment

• minimus
    minimus

The system should be improved and people who are less qualified should not be given jobs because of their minority status. The system should reward people for their qualifications not for their lack of.

• iXav
    iXav
    The system should be improved and people who are less qualified should not be given jobs because of their minority status. The system should reward people for their qualifications not for their lack of.

I totally agree with you and the same should apply to giving jobs to relatives or friends.

That said, what about disabled people(deaf, blind, wheel chair, etc). Should the system accommodate them?

• minimus
    minimus

That’s a stupid comment about the police not having a job . Plenty of towns have police that for the most part keep law and order. I know of plenty of cops who live in towns other than Chicago that don’t have to deal with murderers and rioters and gang bangers. They keep the towns safe

• minimus
    minimus

“The system “ tries hard to accommodate all types. And your point is what regarding systemic racism??

• iXav
    iXav
    Plenty of towns have police that for the most part keep law and order

Why do you need the police to keep law and order if people in those towns already obey the law?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit