Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yup, Sir Issac Newton has to be re-examined on his theory.

• Simon
    Simon
    I will give you an example of Andreas Lubitz a german pilot who purpose crashed the plane Germanwings Flight 9525. He messed up so bad that some airlines put in place new regulatory system and psychology assessment for pilots.
    One pilot messed up, they recognized a problem and they put in place procedure to improve the system.

You still don't seem to understand what this topic is even about.

For this to make any sense and have any bearing on this topic, the airline would need to have a systemic problem with hiring psycho pilots who flew planes into mountains.

They don't. They simply took an extreme one-off event and added something to protect against it in future. This is how airline safety works over time to become safer. Same with motor vehicles. Learn as you go and build up rules for safety.

Now something airline related that does have a bearing on the topic is the US airline that declared they were going to make sure they had an equal number of black pilots.

What can that mean other than that they will recruit based on skin color? That one day, instead of the best pilot being given the job, a lesser-skilled black pilot will instead be given the job.

That's an example of systemic racism and bat shit crazy, because everyone in their right mind doesn't give a shit about the color of their pilot but should care about them being one of the best or not.

This is where "systemic racism" claims end up - with real systemic racism!

But then just like individual racism, there simply isn't enough of the real stuff to fill the news so much of it has to be invented and faked and the democrats rely on racism so much they can't risk it ever ending so have to keep it burning. They have always been good at burning things when it comes to black people.

• minimus
    minimus

Just like Joe Biden having to pick a woman of color for VP. If a black man was qualified, he would be passed over. It’s just so ridiculous that it’s embarrassing watching people smugly trying to defend their positions.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Systemic caste is more correct. The 1619 theory ignores too many things. Maybe the real problem was Eli Whitney saving the south with his machine.

There is real oppression and slavery in the world but it is perpetrated by traditional enemies of the free world

• iXav
    iXav

Now something airline related that does have a bearing on the topic is the US airline that declared they were going to make sure they had an equal number of black pilots.

What can that mean other than that they will recruit based on skin color? That one day, instead of the best pilot being given the job, a lesser-skilled black pilot will instead be given the job.

Why the obsession with minority and blacks on this thread. In earlier post on this thread it was already agreed that there is systemic racism and that it can benefit both minorities and whites. I am just curious why you seem to be obsessed with black people only benefiting from it. I am sure if you look enough will find example of others benefiting from systemic racism. Jehovah loves everyone

You still don't seem to understand what this topic is even about.

The original question from @Minimus was is systemic racism as pervasive as some will suggest? and we already cleared that huddle.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor
    Racism does not benefit anyone, much less the stigmatized persons. Let's get that clear.
  • minimus
    minimus

To be clear, I do not believe systemic racism is as pervasive as some suggest. The KKK embraces it. Everything about their creed is how the white man is superior to everyone else. Same with neo nazis. The vast majority of people do not think blacks should be slaves. They are not slaves and for what it’s worth deserve no reparations.

• minimus
    minimus

Why are blacks constantly mentioned on this thread? The reason this subject is so much discussed has a lot to do with Black Lives Matter. Oops there I said it again! BLACK. It’s ok to use the word. Much respect too and kudos to major news outlets for capitalizing Black.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

That wasn't aimed at you Minimus, I was responding to iXav. I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about race, and I'm glad you started this discussion.

• minimus
    minimus

John I didn’t think you were aiming at me. Even if we might disagree on a matter , you’re a good guy, no issues here! Just don’t disagree with me. Lol🤓

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit