Systemic Racism: What’s Your View? Is it As Pervasive As Some Suggest?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    🤙🤙

I hope that isn't a racist hand signal, I've heard about those ...

• minimus
    minimus

Your thinking is the first person you should examine with a fine tooth comb is the police “no matter how the criminal behaves”. That’s ludicrous! Criminal points a gun to the cops and you should examine the police?? Examine the lawbreaker and if he happens to be black don’t use his color as the reason to attack law enforcement.

• minimus
    minimus

Simon belly laugh.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon belly laugh.

:okhand:

Argh, I mean :thumbsup: !!!

(Phew, nearly became systemically racist then ...)

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, when did emojis break? That ruined my joke ...

"sad face", because I don't know how to do one with a picture now

• iXav
    iXav
    And yes, it's systemically racist even if it might also be money-grabbing as well. How does "oh, they are corrupt in other ways too!" alter the fact that they judge people based on their race?

It doesn't alter it in anyway at all. The result of what you are seeing at Universities today is a result of a racist system that the system created and the same system decided to fix by creating another discriminatory system(Affirmative Action I am looking at you. ).

• minimus
    minimus

You can’t complain that you are affected by systemic racism while you are accepting the fruits of affirmative action.

• minimus
    minimus

IX, do you think we are inherently racist ??

• iXav
    iXav
    If you take this as evidence of a "systemic problem" then each crime committed by individuals of any race is equally evidence of a "systemic problem", isn't it?

The police is an institution which makes it easier to attribute a system to their operations. There are procedures in place with regards to police when it comes to the the rules of engagement. Individual behavior is not an institution and we can't just attribute "systemic problem".

• iXav
    iXav
    Your thinking is the first person you should examine with a fine tooth comb is the police “no matter how the criminal behaves”. That’s ludicrous! Criminal points a gun to the cops and you should examine the police?? Examine the lawbreaker and if he happens to be black don’t use his color as the reason to attack law enforcement.

Yes, the police are in a position of relative authority and they should be held to a higher standard and that should not even be a discussion.

"Criminal points a gun to the cops and you should examine the police??"

Nope, wrong discussion. Criminal points a gun at the police, officer retaliates with deadly force and kills criminal. There should be a post mortem/report of what happened and why deadly force was used. Criminal is dead so guess who gets to right the report and submit video evidence, the police. Part of the reporting is holding the office to a higher standard and making sure he followed procedure. It also serves at bases to improve policing and better train the officer. Why is that such an issue?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit