Do You Trump Should Have Exterminated That Poor Iranian Fellow?

by minimus 107 Replies latest jw friends

• stillin
    stillin

LUHE, just making a point for any war-monger that might be browsing here.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Poor John Bolton, Trump provided his dream come true a little too late.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I try to avoid BBC CNN Fox due to political bias on both left and right.

I didn't see much about the Iranian people that were jubilant that that bloke that looked like an evil Sean Connery had been taken out, in the news. Was it because 'orange man bad'? ~(maybe not Fox, but hey).

There are two sides to every story and the truth in the middle (if you catch my drift), but where can we find truth? Or is it all too nuanced to work that way?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Throw Fox "News" and MSNBC into a blender and you will get something close to reality.

Rub a Dub

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Was it because 'orange man bad'?

punkofnice ...

I think Orange Man is in way over his head.

Even Netanyahu in Israel this morning said they had nothing to do with the killing. He said it was totally an American operation.

Go and knock down the hornets' nest and see what happens.

Rub a Dub

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think there's something that needs to be clarified: a lot of the mainstream media has perpetuated this 'America starts the cycle of violence' crap.

It's not necessarily the case. Soleimani was head of the Al-Quds force and was responsible for the deaths of US soldiers (might be about 600? Not 100% sure).

Soleimani initiated the cycle of violence.

Trump eventually responded.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Soleimani was head of the Al-Quds force and is responsible for the deaths of US soldiers (might be about 60? Not 100% sure).

LoveUniHateExams ...

Really not taking sides here but what one views as violence on one side is viewed by the other side as freedom fighters.

Right or wrong, America feels it is the policeman of the world. The soldiers were not killed on US soil but in Iraq. I didn't see Canadian, French, British, or other European soldiers targeted.

When even the people you are trying to "help" really don't want you there, then what is the expected outcome in the long run?

I guess it could be argued that Bush, Obama and Orange Man are the ones ultimately responsible since they keep sending US soldiers to these A-Hole places.

Rub a Dub

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I find myself in the unusual position of agreeing with Fink on a geopolitical issue.

I'm not handwringing over this. If it escalates to war, that will be the Iranian's decision at this point.

What Trump did is reassert the deterrence factor. That deterrence factor became impotent when we started kissing Iran's ass and sending them pallets of cash in order for them to pinky swear they won't build a nuke. Pallets of cash that then went on to fund terror actions against western targets.

It was very naive to make a deal with a country that promotes a theocrat ideology.

• Simon
    Simon

You can't keep standing there being punched in the face, at some point you have to hit back. I think the US has shown remarkable and unusual restraint in recent years and Trump has certainly not been as strike-happy as Obama was or as willing to commit to conflicts as Clinton would undoubtedly have been.

Where action has been necessary, it's been targeted, clinical and effective.

Just heard that 50+ "mourners" of the terrorist have managed to kill themselves at his funeral, we'll just chalk that up as collateral benefit.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You can't keep standing there being punched in the face, at some point you have to hit back.

Simon ...

If you stop putting your face into places that it doesn't belong you won't get punched.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit