Do You Trump Should Have Exterminated That Poor Iranian Fellow?

by minimus 107 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    We invaded Iraq instead of Saudi Arabia where the hijackers came from. All we needed was an excuse

Not only that, since there really wasn't a clear link between 9/11 and Iraq, the Bush administration simply made an excuse (WMDs) to invade.

9/11 simply fell on Bush's lap at a time where he really wanted to invade Iraq anyway for financial reasons

Regardless of those mistakes, we long for Bush now, when you compare him with the orange agent.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Anybody that analyses the root ideology of ISIS say, and thinks that it has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia is either blind, or didn't take the time to do research.

• cofty
    cofty

I've read an awful lot of authoritative books on the modern history of the Middle East Redvip.

Saudi did not do 9/11.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

If you stop putting your face into places that it doesn't belong you won't get punched. ~ RubaDub

Yeah that's fine. The US shouldn't be sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. That's all fine and dandy until the shit hits the fan and then who is it that is expected to swoop in and fix the f*ck up? US Navy Seals and Green Berets. Yes, the UK is a dependable ally, but France will raise their white flags (as in every war) and the other NATO members will toss in some token assistance. But US soldiers will die.

This may be about to change. We don't need the Middle East oil anymore. The US is now EXPORTING oil. (Thank you orange man!) Then who are you going to call on to bail everyone out? Who's going to deal with these towel head extremists when they get nuclear weapons? Should we care if they turn all of that worthless sand into glass? Unfortunately they will be able to f*ck up our side of the planet too.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

That's all fine and dandy until the shit hits the fan and then who is it that is expected to swoop in and fix the f*ck up?

Desirous of Change ...

Perhaps England, Germany, Norway, Finland, France, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Greece, Canada, Portugal, Spain, Luxembourg, Belgium, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Ireland and many more than I can mention here.

Is that enough? They are much closer to the action than the US.

Rub a Dub

• cofty
    cofty

Rub - First it's not England it's the United Kingdom or UK if you prefer.

The UK has been the USA's greatest ally, we have fought and died beside American soldiers all over the world - even when your President started a war in Iraq for tenuous reasons.

Now your latest Commander in Chief decided on a whim to assassinate the most beloved man in Iran - even people who were out protesting against him a few weeks ago in fear of their lives are now reportedly out screaming 'death to America'. President Trump didn't even have the decency to give Prime Minister Johnson a heads-up. And you think the solution is for America to walk away and let 'England' deal with the aftermath.

You broke it - you own it.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Trump has certainly not been as strike-happy as Obama was.

obama made the comment that he was getting pretty good at killing people. I guess he was right. Obama ordered 542 drone strikes while president, resulting in the deaths of 3,797 people, including 542 civilians.

But don't let the facts confuse you. We all "KNOW" that President Trump is the only bad guy here, right?

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Does no one realize that we invaded Afganistan after 9/11 and not Iraq?

The connection between Iraq and 9/11 was tenuous, and I'm being extremely generous there.

The biggest lesson Iraq taught me is that we should be extremely skeptical of the Intelligence Community. That's why I don't believe a word they say about Russia Russia Russia.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    You broke it - you own it.

Imagine if the US had followed that advice when Europe was in turmoil in the 20th century.

• cofty
    cofty

Jehal - I already said the UK has been America's greatest ally for many decades.

Europe has a great deal to be grateful to the USA for but don't pretend the USA (eventually) entered WWI and WWII for anything other than reasons of self-interest (Lusitania; Pearl Harbor)

There is no comparison between those events and the crisis that will now be triggered by President Trump's actions. Sometimes your best friend needs to tell you when you are making a mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit