Do You Trump Should Have Exterminated That Poor Iranian Fellow?

by minimus 107 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

You don't know how to assess the credentials of an author or to check the sources that they use?

cofty ...

Of course I know how. I go to the internet and check the blogs. You can find the truth there.

Rub a Dub

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Imagine if the US had followed that advice when Europe was in turmoil in the 20th century.

The UK was already winning the war in the air by the time the USA joined in and got over here. Just a few months after Pearl Harbour, the UK was dispatching 1000 bomber raids over Germany, none of them from the US. The USA didn't win the war - but they certainly shortened the proceedings.

• minimus
    minimus

Trump has shown himself to be cautious yet strong. He will not be bullied by Iran or anyone else. He will do what he needs to do to make people understand that the USA is not going to be on a apology tour under this President.

Now he will give sanctions against Iran. No one is looking for war.

• LV101
    LV101

You are absolutely right, MINIMUS! He is beyond calculating and will stand up for himself and the country. He is clearly getting the news abroad re/protecting this country and not being the big dufus any longer off the backs of the American taxpayer while our roads/highways/bridges rot and no money for infrastructure. No one has exposed (eva) the DC dirtbag/corruption like President Trump (both parties) and he's no where close to scraping the bottom of the barrel. The left can cry a river - might help the drought crisis and global warming.

Sanctions, whatever, but, hopefully, there's ways/means to choke the evil and the innocent masses of Iranian people won't have to sacrifice.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

Right, cause sanctions will not affect the "Iranian people".. *facepalm*

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    I've read an awful lot of authoritative books on the modern history of the Middle East Redvip. Saudi did not do 9/11.

I was drawing a connection between Saudi Arabia and ISIS, which exists. I was not making one with 9/11 which is a lot more tenuous.

• cofty
    cofty
    I was drawing a connection between Saudi Arabia and ISIS, which exists - redvip

What connection are you referring to? Zarqawi was Jordanian. The philosophical roots trace back to the Egyptian Sayyid Qutb and his 1963 book Milestones.

ISIS was an iteration of al Qaeda in Iraq who were implacable enemies of Saudi Arabia.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang
    The UK was already winning the war in the air by the time the USA joined in and got over here

I know this is a little off topic, but cannot let that one go unanswered!

The fact is, Britain suffered some of its worst reversals during the six months after Pearl Harbor.

• Within two months, Singapore had been lost, an event which Churchill described as "the worst defeat in the history of British arms".
    • Later that year (1942), the British army was routed in the Libyan desert at a place called Gazala, and bundled almost all the way back to the Suez Canal. (The ensuing and ignominious loss of the port of Tobruk lead Churchill to remark "defeat is one thing, disgrace is quite another matter!")
    • Also during that same year, the German U-boats took their heaviest toll on Allied shipping.

WWII was far from being won by December of 1941. Rather, Allied fortunes reached their lowest ebb during the first half of 1942.

It was only during the latter part of 1942 that Allied fortunes finally began to improve. This featured such events as the US naval victory at Midway, American landings at Guadalcanal, Australian operations on the Kokoda Track in New Guinea, Russian successes at Stalingrad and the British victory at Alamein (noteworthy though that the battle of Alamein was fought largely with American-supplied equipment).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit