Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    The datas show that white poors commit crimes in the same rates than black poors.
    As a french I really don't care at all about dems or reps, liberal or conservatives propaganda, that's really an only US-centered concern.

Maybe in your country. Why do you assert to know exactly the root cause for this phenomenon in the US? Have you ever lived here? I grew up in Newark, NJ about 15 minutes outside of New York City. Have you ever been here? Or Camden NJ, or Paterson NJ? You probably would not live there for more than 5 minutes.

Anybody that has lived in or around the inner city in a major US city understands the connection between race and crime and how it breaks along community lines. I don't care how it is in France, because you don't have the same population as we do.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    That said, you know there is something called "rock music" and "heavy metal"? Have you paid any attention to the lyrics and message or do prefer the beats of gangster rap?

Neither. I listen to podcasts mainly. I try to expose myself to content that educates me and challenges my mind.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@redvip2000

Neither. I listen to podcasts mainly. I try to expose myself to content that educates me and challenges my mind.

You could have fooled me by your previous comment. You appear to know a lot about black music from your previous comments.

how about BLM take a position against music that glorifies the thug life, and that calls women bitches and hoes
  • silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

redvip I also grew up in Newark? What part if you dont mind me asking?

• coalize
    coalize

@redvip

No I'm referring to the datas of US!

• Simon
    Simon
    would you say that the entire white community defended the KKK during their heyday?

There's little evidence that they have ever enjoyed the same relative level of support that BLM does. There were no mass marches or protest anywhere near the scale of BLM and their activities were targeted by law enforcement as early as 1870

According to wikipedia, the 2nd incarnation in the 20s peaked at 85k members but that may have been more of a fraternal setup with 30k the real number. That is in their "heyday" and the time when they were "peak democrat" (not all democrats were members of the KKK but all KKK members were democrats). A lot of their symbolism and rhetoric was also picked up by the Nazis.

Estimates of the modern version appears to be a few thousand, so no, the entire white community has never defended the KKK anywhere near the same extent and it is ridiculous to claim they did. The US fought a civil war in no small part over slavery.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The point:

It is not the color of skin that matters, and the poverty doesn't create the crime.

Welfare incentivizes single motherhood (they get paid more when the man is not in the household). Single motherhood and fatherless homes causes the crime (the crime is overwhelmingly among young males). Finally, the crime causes the poverty (Nobody wants to do business there, and nobody wants to invest if the place is always a hop-skip-and-jump away from burning to the ground).

The best thing that could happen to blacks is a withdraw of welfare, a return to actual families (ladies will have to actually choose good men and stick with them). This will improve the culture, and then wealth will follow.

And if you want it to happen even faster.

1) Give school vouchers - parents that care will find better schools for their kids

2) Get the unions out of schools and allow the vouchers to be used in private schools - give public schools competition

3) Get rid of the minimum wage

In other words: leave the Democratic Plantation.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@simon,

There's little evidence that they have ever enjoyed the same relative level of support that BLM does. There were no mass marches or protest anywhere near the scale of BLM and their activities were targeted by law enforcement as early as 1870

Correct Simon, but there was also no mass media to propagate their message at the time. That said, they still instilled a lot of fear in the hearts of minorities at the time.

According to wikipedia, the 2nd incarnation in the 20s peaked at 85k members but that may have been more of a fraternal setup.

The US population in the 20s was about a third of what you have today. Just in addition to your referenced Wikipedia article you omitted this "At its peak in the mid-1920s, the organization claimed to include about 15% of the nation's eligible population, approximately 4–5 million men."

That is in their "heyday" and the time when they were "peak democrat" (not all democrats were members of the KKK but all KKK members were democrats)

Not all Blacks are Democrats, what is your point?

he entire white community has never defended the KKK anywhere near the same extent.

That is a correct statement and that is why I don't understand why you make the following comment in your previous post.

Depends - do the entire communities defend those criminal gangs and rally round to protect and excuse them, to deny the violence they commit?

For some strange reason it is easy for you to understand that the entire white community did not support the KKK but you cannot fathom the idea that it is the same in the black community when it comes to some of the excess of the BLM. Why?

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You're constructing a straw man, nowhere does Simon says that all black people support BLM. You read that because you desperately want to see racism and partisanship where none exists.

Plenty of blacks, especially the ones that have had higher education, a business are conservative but BLM has a lot more supporters, both black and white as a proportion of total population than the KKK ever had even though their tactics and message are the same.

The mainstream media is a supporter of BLM and Antifa, that is what is scary about giving in to these hate groups, their message is immoral and outright evil, like the KKK, but BLM/Antifa are more akin to Nazis where they took an entire nation with them, even though the majority of Germans never agreed politically with the Nazis, their intimidation tactics are the same and can control a population into even worse atrocities.

We just had an event similar to Kristalnacht just happen in the US the only difference is the group they are attacking is the business owner and the middle class instead of the Jew. And if you wanted to see them try with the Jews, Al Sharpton incited antisemitic violence in the 90s using the same excuses.

• minimus
    minimus

Sharpton the Reverend is nothing but a big mouthed rabble rouser who is an inciter and inflamer. Anytime he can chase an ambulance for his cause he will so it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit