Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    In the wake of Ferguson's "rewiring of the police departments" by the Obama DOJ, an extra 1000 black people have died per year (statistically, an increase of 1000 deaths in criminal activity) in those cities where Obama's DOJ established new "non-racist" policies that primarily reduced police presence and reduced the type of responses police were allowed to do.

The issue is that they miss out the "all". No, I don't mean "all lives matter", of course that would have been better. But not "all black lives matter" to BLM.

If they did, they would pursue policies that netted the greater saving of life. Instead, the prioritize criminals over victims, thugs over law abiding citizens, and ultimately just put more people at risk. That's before you get to people who won't have careers and will live in poverty ... all thanks to BLM, to the local businesses the imbeciles burn down.

There will be many thousands more black deaths because of this years BLM efforts. I think it's what they want. I think they are trying to make reality match their warped view of it.

They are a political marxist movement masquerading of a civil rights movement. The civil rights battle has already been fought and won, but they trade on the past for political gain. Similar to how modern-day feminism does nothing for women and isn't required, but attracts lots of militant types to achieve some fictional goal of getting what they already have, "equality".

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

BLM is controlling the minds of young idiotic children who are not capable of coherent decision making and do not have an understanding of the past. Last night in Charlotte NC (which is a southern city, but populated by mostly people from the NE and West), the tore down multiple confederate statues. What turns my stomach as well as other black people above the age of 25 is watching them literally tie a noose around the neck of these statues and hang them from stop lights. When I watched this on the news I literally felt sick.

I am an actually black person old enough (in my 40's) who has a parent (80's) who had a family member beaten to death in VA in the 1940's because he owned a store and the white folks didn't like it. I heard vivd stories of what happened to my fathers father as well. Anyone who has heard that history from a person who lived it WOULD NEVER SUPPORT OR CONDONE WHAT WAS TAKING PLACE LAST NIGHT.

Worse still, many black people still cringe just thinking about it. How was that act repeated last night. Well notice who is in the crowd, notice the vast majority of fucking idiots out there doing this. BLM and these fucking stooges are just refreshing ideas in the minds of lunatics who will once again go back to this type of actvity. BLM is acting like a terrorist organization and black lesbians and immigrants are the ones leading it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SILENTBUDDHA:

Thanks for posting that. I am ashamed to admit that I had no knowledge of the origins of BLM.

I knew they were radical - but I did not realize it was as disgusting as you said! I had images of sixties black radical types... I wonder how many fools in the public and on the forum even KNOW this? Worse yet.. do they care to know?

This is so sad for everybody.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Sparky:

you see nothing wrong with this statement?

In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position

That is a religious creed and the fact they feel they don't need to qualify their position just tells you they have nothing qualitative about it. You just HAVE to accept their position or you are labeled a racist. And you get absolution for being a racist by invoking their creeds.

The BLM movement is a search for the religious and moral void left in secular education and society, it is a religion in itself where you get your morality back by saying the words.

What it does do is give primarily white people in power influence in the black community. They recognize that they have no standing to talk about black issues and poverty so they invented a reason to become part of the black community and be able to talk about black people and their plights. It is taking away the voices of reason within the black community and transferring that power to white, rich, Hollywood liberals that now, by invoking the creeds, get a say in the issues.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Atleast the groups in the 60's had reason for the things they did and the rhetoric. THe entire civilized world expereienecd higher crime rates during the 60's. During that time period black people were literally fighting to gain civil rights they didn't have.

This flock of people are living during a time of relative piece in comparison to decades and centuries past. THE BLM movement is only hurting race relations in this country and ushering in more crime and violence.

Liberals generally infiltrate the movements of minority groups. THey act as if they are friends and make the movements about whatever their political agenda actually is. BLM is no different.

• Still-out
    Still-out

So I've been thinking about the OP's question while researching the group.

I believe that BLM is really wanting to usher in “Black Trans Lives Matter”. However, they are (or were) not politically connected enough to come out and banner that slogan.

The “black community” is not a monolithic group. It is comprised of conservative, church-going people. These people are traditionally anti-gay, anti-trans, and are often downright homophobic. They are active and retired military, college educated, and anti-abortion. They are NAACP, SCLC card-carrying people. In addition to urbanites and single mothers on welfare, they include middle and upper middle class taxpayers who desire to raise their children in two-parent families.

BLM wants to co-opt all of these black citizens and the clout that comes with all they’ve worked for. They are anti-male and anti-father. They stand opposed to the traditional nuclear family structure and are anti-establishment. The confusing BLM agenda is also the agenda of the extreme left. I believe the extreme left’s agenda is damaging to the fabric of modern society.

Just as the voices of non-racist whites are drowned, so, too, are the voices and contributions of productive “black” members of American society. I believe BLM has cloaked their “BLACK LIVES MATTER” chant under the guise of fighting racism against blacks. Their mission goes way beyond that noble sounding claim. The confusion is intentional and meant to disrupt (by their own admission). They are brainwashing the gullible and non-thinker. So, no, I do not agree with BLM’s philosophy.

Here is the link to their website and mission statements: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/
    Worth the read.

• minimus
    minimus

Silent Buddha I love your posts!

• Simon
    Simon

So apparently, this is where we are. You can say "Black Lives Matter" as much as you want, you can demand people kneel before you, you can tear down statues, you can threaten to kill people, you can burn shit down, beat people to death in the street, stab and loot. That is all OK because "black people".

But say "White Lives Matter" and OMG, you'd better start running because you will be hunted down and prosecuted.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53152212

Do the leaders of these groups and councils actually believe this is a winning strategy, for hearts and minds? Black people have been set back a decade at least. Or maybe they don't want to win hearts and minds, and it really is what they actually say it is, a way to seize power.

If you make people feel like they are threatened, see how they respond. Don't be surprised if you get a war if people make all the "we're starting a war with you" noises. I'm seriously reconsidering my position, it may become "I don't give a shit about black lives, why the fuck should I?"

• Simon
    Simon

Right on cue, we get another Jussie Smollet style "hate crime" claim.

But of course, the demand for hate-crimes outstrips the supply, so they have to make them up.

This time it's a black Nascar driver who happened to be some BLM activist who happened to claim that a noose had been left in HIS garage.

"OMG, the humanity, quick - report it as the racismzes ..."

Except of course that it wasn't. It was debunked because it was the pulley used to close the garage door that was in ALL of the garages.

Now think about this: they ran with this report. It had to go through multiple levels of people and at every stage someone could say "erm, that's just the door opener" but either no one did or no one cared about that answer.

There's a narrative to be written that blacks are being hunted and that the biggest threat to civilization is racism.

What. Utter. Bullshit.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

As a black person hate to even say thus out loud but it seems the ease with which black people worldwide are manipulated is insane.

Last night I watched Jamaica.... Jamaica.... having BLACK LIVES MATTER protests.

A nation that is 92.1 percent and they feel the need to have a BLM protest outside the US embassy. These people feel that colorism is a huge issue.

So other black people are discriminating against each other to the point that they need to protest. Who are you protesting against???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit