Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It seems the Antifa way of policing themselves has failed. A warlord has established itself in the autonomous zone in Seattle and is wanton assaulting members they don't agree with.

- Protest police brutality

- Establish a police-free area

- Establish a police

- Commit police brutality

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Black lives matter ALOT to Planned Parenthood. Roughly $1000 per abortion.

Unbalanced service in poor neighborhoods thanks to politics Brought to you from your friendly, local Planned Parenthood clinic.

Come in and see us, Black Lives matter to u$ a lot!

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Again, right from the BLM website:

We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

Mothers are pulling “double shifts”? And this is a patriarchal practice? What is “public justice work”? Are they trying to say mothers should participate in activism (instead of actually working), and because they also have kids, probably with no man around, they pull “double shifts”, and they want this, clearly, patriarchal practice to stop?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

How about american culture? But choose the better parts to encourage. Family picnics, visiting grandma, going to church, having feasts on Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of july. I know this is Ozzie and Harriet. .... You look at families picture with people in their Sunday best, bric a brac on the mantle, all you should see is people

I have a black friend who had the exact experience I did; going to convention laying on the floor of the station wagon because there wasnt enough room, with a WT in the window.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@MeanMrMustard

This the full paragraph from their site

BLACK VILLAGES

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

Patriarchal meaning

"relating to or characteristic of a system of society or government controlled by men."

Within the context of the statement and the title of that section "black villages", the statement seems to suggest that they want to deal with the issues/practice of absent "men/fathers" that pushes black women to work "double shifts" in order to care of their children.

What is wrong with that?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    the statement seems to suggest that they want to deal with the issues/practice of absent "men/fathers" that pushes black women to work "double shifts" in order to care of their children.
    What is wrong with that?

Nothing, but those are just words that sound nice. Now, BLM has been around for 7 years, so what exactly has been done in this space?

I can also create an organization called "Save all cute kittens" and do nothing except wait for a police car to run over one, so I can have my moment in the sun and advance my anti-establishment propaganda.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@redvip2000

Nothing, but those are just words that sound nice

It does sound nice but @MeanMrMustard did not at least acknowledge that.

Now, BLM has been around for 7 years, so what exactly has been done in this space?

In 1492, the first blacks slave arrived on American shores

in 1865, slavery was officially ended.

It took about 372 years for that change to take effect and another 99 years for the Civil Rights act to be signed.

Change takes time.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard
    Patriarchal meaning
    "relating to or characteristic of a system of society or government controlled by men."
    Within the context of the statement and the title of that section "black villages", the statement seems to suggest that they want to deal with the issues/practice of absent "men/fathers" that pushes black women to work "double shifts" in order to care of their children.
    What is wrong with that?

If the BLM statement were clear, without the word salad, you wouldn’t have to let us all know what it “seems to suggest”. I don’t buy your explanation.

So to be clear, they explicitly state that they want to dismantle the nuclear / traditional family, and yet, at the same time, address the overwhelming majority of black fathers leaving these families? Well, they want the men to stick around, but not in a family, so mothers do not have to parent, but rather engage in “public justice work”? (Because they explicitly say this, so I can only assume that it has meaning).

So in their mind, there is no traditional family. But a village, right? Just men sticking with their baby-mamas, doing father work, so that the mother can participate in “public justice work”, and swoop in later to “mother in private”? But since the fathers are doing the parenting, and the mother is out doing “public justice work”, were do they get the money from? Perhaps they still are counting on the welfare payments because the father isn’t in the house? Or perhaps they have that good old communist hard-on?

It’s all word salad. They won’t state anything clearly because a clear view of the problem might actually imply a solution they are ideologically opposed to.

• Simon
    Simon
    they explicitly state that they want to dismantle the nuclear / traditional family

Yeah. it's all just a front for old fashioned communism. All about destroying family + religion (specifically Christianity) and replacing it with the state.

The bureau are your parents now, you get what you need from them.

• Quetzal
    Quetzal

@MeanMrMustard,

If the BLM statement were clear, without the word salad, you wouldn’t have to let us all know what it “seems to suggest”. I don’t buy your explanation.

You don't have to buy my explanation. I was just referencing the whole paragraph of your original quote. I wanted you to base your argument on the whole paragraph and see if you came to the same conclusion.

BTW, do you understand the reference to "village", the meaning? Are you familiar with the expression, "It takes a village to raise a child"?

Are you also aware that the idea of the nuclear family aka traditional family is rather recent when compared to the idea of extended family that is still popular in some Southern European countries. The extended family unit is very similar to the idea of "village".

The family unit has been shifting for generations to become what is now known as the nuclear family. A village family unit is probably one of the old family structure known to man.

I notice you didn't address the 7 year issue in your response and that the fact that change takes time. You need to give it time to see if it is all BS or it can be a catalyst for good with regards to the family structure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit