Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

And I see your point. Yes that is exactly it. Black Lives Matter has cornered the market and now nobody can infringe on the copyright.

I think the struggle for justice and equality will go nowhere until entitlements and sole possession of public sympathy through snappy slogans are used.

Stop calling my plea for equality supremacist and racist and shitting on a counteractive slogan.

Every attorney can argue for or against a defendant equally and everyone accepts it.

And so it is with all these race issues. We need to find accepting behaviors instead of divisive ones.

Don't tell me I don't understand. Don't label me. If you think I need educating on the subject teach me.

But nobody is making intellectual sense.

We all feel bad that black men are being killed by police.

They and their deaths are no more important or special than all other people killed by police.

And the police who are killed by everyone deserve some grievance as well. I HATE it when a police officer is killed. They sign up to protect people. Imagine doing their job right now when the entire world is trying to paint them as killers of black people. Asinine.

Show me scientific evidence and statistics that explain why the world needs a Black Lives Matter movement instead of or above any other "this life" matters movement.

• Still-out
    Still-out

Considering that whites and others have been victims of police brutality as well, I’m all for the “All lives matter” take on the slogan. I do concede, however, that the blm slogan isn’t intended as a slight to other lives.

“I’m not sure any lives matter anymore” LOL tgnd

• rh3988
    rh3988

Black Lives Matter is not a "racist" group. Black Lives Matter is a movement within the black community that advocates for the human rights and equal treatment of black people. The Nazis were a racist group. The Ku Klux Klan is a racist group. BLM is a human rights group that wants to put an end to cops getting away with things like this: https://www.nsfwyoutube.com/watch?v=PD1bXyO05No

Yes all lives matter. This is true. But all lives don't seem to be in immediate danger of being turned into a piece of Swiss cheese in front of their loved ones just for reaching for a wallet. The cop in that video got away scot-free. And remember, there is a difference between looting and protesting. Don't blame BLM because idiots come out under the cover of "justice" wanting to throw rocks, set fires, and steal televisions.

By the way, what Drew Brees said was insensitive, and he has apologized for it. A piece of cloth is not worth more than life, especially when what that piece of cloth is supposed to represent doesn't include you. So if people want to kneel in protest, they have every right to do so.

• rh3988
    rh3988

And then they have the nerve to treat his girlfriend like an animal. Imagine the trauma that little girl has to deal with: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC9fjLfb9pg

• TD
    TD

I was waiting to pick up a daughter at a light rail station a few weeks ago.

A group of about 15 people who were dropped off late by their bus crossed against the traffic light to make their connection with the light rail

Two Tempe police officers singled out the only black man in the group and cuffed him

---For J-walking for Christ's sake

Kinda changed my attitude a bit

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous
    How are the KKK and Nazis racist but BLM/Antifa - which has the same goals but for a different skin color - is not? BLM/Antifa is about to be considered a terrorist group for their actions. BLM/Antifa's goals are exactly the same as any other fascist group from the past.

How is their phraseology: If You’re White, Pass The Mic or Blacks to the Center, Whites to the Outside not considered outright racism and segregationist? Those are official BLM/Antifa slogans uttered by official BLM/Antifa leaders during official BLM/Antifa rallies they will defend as not racist. There are videos of them forcing white people to kneel before them and ask for forgiveness - official BLM/Antifa rallies. A few years ago they segregated an entire University and kicked out all whites, Hispanics and Asians for a full day to celebrate black history.

Once you start separating yourself as superior or more worthy or more necessary of legal and societal protections, you're by definition a racist or segregationist.

If black lives matter over anything, why did BLM protesters kill a black retired police officer? 7 black people have been killed by the BLM protestors thus far, why do their lives not matter?

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

I'LL say as an Italian 18-30 yr man In NYC I was refused about 16 civil service jobs . Scoring 92-98 test scores. All because of affirmation action law against White people. All because I was arrested for 3 minor offenses. . They had to give my job and career to some black man. Just because I goofed off as a teen , went to court and paid a few $100 fines. That KILLED MY WHOLE CIVIL SERVICE CAREER. BUT I here the have bank robbers working for the civil service. Talk about reverse discrimination

• rh3988
    rh3988

@Anony Mous

1.) I specifically mentioned BLM, which was founded in 2013 in response to the acquittal of the man who murdered Trayvon Martin. Its founders are Alicia Garza, Opal Tometi, and Patrisse Cullors. I don't know much about Antifa, but if you can post some facts about the group, I will be glad to take a look at them.

2.) BLM does not have the same goals for a different skin color, which would be black supremacy. To suggest that BLM is similar to the KKK or Nazis in any way is pure and utter nonsense. Yeah sure, three black women got together and decided to start a movement in response to a psycho getting acquitted in the senseless murder of a 17 year old unarmed black boy. That's right up there with Emmett Till, lynchings, and the Holocaust.

3.) If what you're saying is true, it's funny how BLM can all of a sudden be considered a terrorist group, while the KKK is not.

4.) I'm not familiar with any of the phrases, but please post a link to that information so I can see it for myself. Please post links to the kneeling and the black history incident also.

5.) Please post links showing how BLM sees blacks as superior or more worthy or more necessary of legal and societal protections.

6.) Please post proof that David Dorn's killer, as well as the killers of the other victims, were BLM protesters and not just random looters/criminals.

BLM/Antifa's goals are exactly the same as any other fascist group from the past.

I see what you did there. You threw in the phrase "any other" like it belonged. This is what fascism actually means:

A political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

Now please explain to me how BLM fits that definition. I'll wait...

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m not sure the group values anybodys lives including there own. ? In total disregard for "safe distancing" during this Covid-19 pandemic they are putting everybodys lives at risk protesting in their thousands.?

• coalize
    coalize

I understand this as "Black Lives Matter Too". American history shows clearly that until recently in the US, it's not so clear, unlike "White Lives Matter".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit