Black Lives Matter—Do You Agree With Their Philosophy?

by minimus 246 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

More word salad. We know what the left is about, stop pretending we can't see what you don't want to admit.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    In 1492, the first blacks slave arrived on American shores
    in 1865, slavery was officially ended.
    It took about 372 years for that change to take effect and another 99 years for the Civil Rights act to be signed.
    Change takes time

...that's exactly my point. Whatever change happened was done by addressing the problem as a whole. BLM is for all intents and purposes an anti-police movement, in the same vein as Occupy Wallstreet and similar anti establishment groups.

But you deflected the question (don't think I didn't notice). I'm not asking if BLM has saved the world. I'm asking what is BLM doing in that space to effect change, aside from waiting for the next black person to die in police custody?

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm not asking if BLM has saved the world. I'm asking what is BLM doing in that space to effect change, aside from waiting for the next black person to die in police custody?

It's hard to imagine they could possibly do more to cause more black deaths, other than driving round black neighbourhoods firing machine guns out of the window.

The best example of their "utopia" is Baltimore, which has seen an increase in black crime and murders since policing is now done far less vigorously, exactly as they wanted.

Black people in control of the city and police from top to bottom, lots of extra black victims, everyone is "happy" I guess ... apart from those victims and their families but they just need to get with the programme and stop being so unsupportive of BLM who are there for THEM!

Right?

• Simon
    Simon

Interesting way of evaluating whether "systemic racism" is real or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBWJC7LWq7I

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Do you agree with their philosophy?"

I agree with all philosophies.

Even the ones that conflict.

Especially the ones that conflict, in fact.

• minimus
    minimus

Muhamed Ali Junior the son of the greatest boxer himself, has a wonderful interview regarding black lives matter. In it he says his father believed all lives mattered. He says he thinks they are divisive group and along with antifa should be abolished. He supports the police and agrees there may be a few bad cops but overall they are necessary. He also supports President Trump and said blacks have been used by the Democrats for years. I was reading this in the New York post this morning.

• flipper
    flipper

Yes, I agree with their philosophy. Black lives DO matter. That's all they are trying to say. Not rocket science. Peace out, Flipper

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

In the wake of Ferguson's "rewiring of the police departments" by the Obama DOJ, an extra 1000 black people have died per year (statistically, an increase of 1000 deaths in criminal activity) in those cities where Obama's DOJ established new "non-racist" policies that primarily reduced police presence and reduced the type of responses police were allowed to do.

NYC just saw an increase of 133% month-over-month in murders, 45% increase in shooting victims, primarily in the black communities, in the wake of the protests and DeBlasio's order to reduce police presence.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I can't say enough that many black people do not support the BLM movement and spoke out against it and they still do. Multiple guests have appeared on news stations speaking out against this organization. For instance, they consistently build on the concept of destroying the patriarchy and try to alienate STRAIGHT black males from leadership roles and focus attention on single-mothers and LGBTQ+ couples and many male black activists speak out against this because they focus on the destruction of the nuclear family. THIS IS IN THE MISSION STATEMENT of the organization.

They are focused on the POC moniker as opposed to BLACK issues which upsets many people in the black community. They also have an extremely heavy focus on immigrant rights which many members of the black community are not in favor of.

They heavily promote abortion in the Black Community.

The group was founded by:

1. Alicia Garza a black lesbian female who grew up in a mixed-race family (in ultra-liberal California) who is married to a white... transgender... male... (a woman who transitioned to a man)

2. Patrice Cullors a black lesbian who is a self-proclaimed "marxist, who is married to a mixed-race (east-indian and Black) lesbian from Toronto who describes herself as a queer, gender-nonconforming boxer whose main focus was and has always been immigrant rights and destruction of the so-called police-state. Patrice also has ALWAYS fought for police reform and shutting down prisons.

3. Opal Tometi a Nigerian whose family made it here as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. She happens to be not just a feminist but a trans-national-feminist due to her parents illegal residence in this country. Her main focus (out of her own mouth) is feminist rights and the rights of immigrants and promtion of opening borders. Before BLM she worked to prevent local residents in Arizona from expelling illegals from Mexico. She is a major player in BAJI which stands for "BLACK ALLIANCE for JUST IMMIGRATION" that promotes to improve the life of Afro-Latinos, African and Carribean immigrants in the USA. By the way she is MARRIED TO A WHITE MAN who she referred to as a racist, who she later says she doesn't believe he is racist.

Maybe this explains why nearly every single rally the VAST majority of the people are young millennials who are taught all this liberal crap in school, single mothers and the vast majority of the rest are confused young white kids and members of ANTIFA.

This is not a Black movement and many people know this and speak about it, but no media outlets will discuss this or bring attention to the many black people who have issues with the movement.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"We work vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension, all people."

"We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a prerequisite for wanting the same for others."- WHAT WE BELIEVE Black Lives Matter homepage

There is nothing disagreeable to me in their core philosophy. In fact, it seems to be a rather egalitarian position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit