I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

by BeaverEater 137 Replies latest jw friends

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I did say it was heartbreaking! All death is! But, o death where is your sting!

God could be a third possibility that you haven't thought of!

Perfect justice Perfect Love

I still say it was more fun than me having an existential meltdown this morning! Over what you call "natural evil" in this world!

I guess my idea of fun is different from yours. 🤣 I like having meaningful conversations, which is ironic since atheists don't see meaning in anything!

🙃

• cofty
    cofty
    atheists don't see meaning in anything!

Are you trying to deliberately misrepresent the views of people who don't share your superstitions?

Perfect justice Perfect Love

How can annihilating a quarter of a million people - including tens of thousands of children and countless christians - be perfect love? Your hero Jesus explained exactly what love is and it didn't involve murdering innocents.

You are tying yourself in knots.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

I can understand a blind person wanting to see and being agnostic about it seeking objective evidence. But being atheistic about it wreaks anger with God and blinded with non-sequitur,colorful, emotional logic compared to clear logic.

• cofty
    cofty

An atheist is somebody who remains unconvinced by the extravagant claims of theism.

An agnostic is somebody who hasn't yet given it enough thought.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I was just teasing you, Cofty! 😊 I have no ill will towards you! I have enjoyed our conversations through the years!

In debates no one's minds are changed, so it was just for sport. You know that! But I would say keep wrestling with this tsunami issue! That may be the irritant that could lead to a beautiful pearl! Oh, by the way, have you seen the movie The Impossible about a family that went through that same Tsunami? It's worth a watch! It shows the hope in the darkness!

• cofty
    cofty

So no actual answers then?

I thought you were always supposed to be ready to make a defense of your faith.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    n atheist is somebody who remains unconvinced by the extravagant claims of theism. An agnostic is somebody who hasn't yet given it enough thought.
    Mostly: An atheist has concluded that there is no God that exists and that is what he believes whereas an agnostic believes he doesn’t know one way or the other but he hasn’t concluded that God doesn’t exist either.
  • cofty
    cofty
    In debates no one's minds are changed

It's useful for objective observers to see the contrast between the thoughtful challenges of atheists and the total inability of Christians to respond.

• cofty
    cofty

Semantics Fishy.

Atheist just means without god. If someone is unconvinced by the claims of theists they are atheist whether they have the courage to say so or not.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    In debates no one's minds are changed

That is not always true because a person can still advocate something in a debate he believes in and after listening to the argument of his opponent can change his mind and still argue something he doesn’t believe in to win the debate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit