I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

by BeaverEater 137 Replies latest jw friends

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

To you it proves that. It doesn't prove that to me

The ground was cursed because of Adam and Thailand is a place where people like Lloyd Evans and Jared the subway guy go to abuse children, so a lot of those kids were shown mercy by that tsunami. And I'm grateful those babies didn't know about the horrors of rape or being raised as a Muslim and is in the presence of Jesus.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So you admit you are a guilty sinner? Even now?

• cofty
    cofty

So babies are better off dead. That is your defense?

Christianity is a death cult.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

It was merciful to kill all of those children, because some of them would have been abused otherwise? That's... morbid.

Wouldn't a better solution be to not kill them, and also to protect them from sexual predators and terrible people? I mean, I'm not as inscrutable as God, but that strikes me as a legitimate option.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

In that country I would say yes! Same in North India, parts of Africa, etc. Better than being repeatedly raped or starved.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Nope we are given life IN Christ.. eternal life!

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

That's how I see it. I don't claim that's the answer, we are finite humans with limited knowledge

• cofty
    cofty

I'm absolutely stunned that you believe it would be a good and perfectly loving thing to murder all the babies on the Pacific Rim.

To get good people to do evil things really does take religion.

I think we have reached the nadir of this debate.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

So you'd rather they be used for sex? Really?

• cofty
    cofty

I'm trying really hard not to become insulting of your outrageous position but it isn't easy.

When a natural disaster happens in the developed world and the infants of Christian parents are killed do you think they are better off dead too?

The Asian tsunami is but one example of thousands of similar incidents in human history where your perfectly loving God has murdered countless millions of his children.

If you think the risk of child abuse in Thailand is a justification then you are beyond the pale.

Jesus explained the meaning of love. It had to do with caring for others and protecting them. It did did not allow for preemptive murder.

I am betting all the other Christians on this forum are wishing you would stop now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit