I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

by BeaverEater 137 Replies latest jw friends

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Im not an atheist, makes no mathematical sense, nor does the Buy(more) Bull(shit) god make any logical sense... maybe a deist on my best day, in the end you cannot get something from nothing, paradox if you ask me... but in reality I just dont care. While in, and moving out of the cult, its like a roller coaster, emotionally, yet, for me, over time, I just take it one day at a time, and if appeasing some special deity is required, well I guess I failed. lol

Christianity in of itself is a logical fallacy. Religion is a product of time and place... I just don't understand why some leave and embrace other wacky shit, or remain in the umbrella belief system of Christianity etc.

Wondering how we got here, wasting time on pleasing a deity... I veered away... maybe for some, they need a crutch...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

BeaverEater:

Im not an atheist, makes no mathematical sense

Interested to see the math you’ve done to arrive at that rather specific conclusion. I hope it’s not just the usual argument from incredulity.

• cofty
    cofty
    Im not an atheist, makes no mathematical sense

????

That's a new one.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Christianity in of itself is a logical fallacy.

If Christianity wasn’t true, you would have no logic at all, much less the ability to spot a fallacy.

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Math... yep went back to school for advanced mathematics, statistics, and physics. Lots of assumptions made for certain formulas to work. Spoken to several in this field, from technical perspective we should not exist... nothing should... yet we do.

• BeaverEater
    BeaverEater

Life is too complex to be chance. However, life in itself, energy in general, should not exist.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Ah… the ‘fine tuning’ argument. Yawn.

You’ve provided no math, nor even any demonstration that an alternative presentation of the universe is probable or even possible. As expected, your ‘math’ argument is just an argument from incredulity.

Back in reality, the probability that things have already happened the way they happened is exactly 1.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

See Breeze:

If Christianity wasn’t true, you would have no logic at all, much less the ability to spot a fallacy.

Non sequitur, begging the question.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

@Jeffro

The ultimate non-sequitur is: why anyone would rely on rules of logic to determine truth in a chance universe?

Christianity can account for the rules of logic. Where do you think they came from?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

Aristotle recognised principles of logic long before Christianity, so I guess we should all be worshiping Zeus. 😂

Also, the existence of an all powerful deity violates the laws of thermodynamics and is therefore illogical special pleading.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit