I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

by BeaverEater 137 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Erm what's happened to Beaver?

Jan

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Jan from Tam - Erm what's happened to Beaver?

Dammed if I know.

(Did you see what I did there?)

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Maybe he bit off more than he could chew.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    Maybe he bit off more than he could chew.

Can't have enough of laughter emojis, say Mumbaikars - Times of India

• cofty
    cofty
    You can believe or not believe, but I can't deny the supernatural "coincidences" that follow the things I pray about. - Iriddle

I was an evangelical, born-again for a decade after the cult. I also noticed these 'coincidences'. Then I became an atheist and nothing changed. It's called selection bias.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Along with the "sunk cost fallacy"",, naieve misles people have to pin their hopes on something.

When you think of it,,,they've had their thinking done for them for years if not decades.

Its impossible for them to just let go.

• jhine
    jhine

I did see what you did there Punky .

Jan from Tam ( as l shall now be known)

• Simon
    Simon

It's hard for people to let go of established life patterns and routine.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Simon,,,yeah pretty much.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

What if it isn't just selection bias? Just because a natural disaster occurred, it doesn't mean God is not real! Jesus spoke about these things in

Luke 13

There were some present at that very time who told him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. 2 And he answered them, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered in this way? 3 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish. 4 Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them: do you think that they were worse offenders than all the others who lived in Jerusalem? 5 No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit