I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

by BeaverEater 137 Replies latest jw friends

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

Ok. Salvation story?

• cofty
    cofty

It's in some earlier posts years ago. I'm not going to allow you to change the topic.

Even if I had been an atheist my entire life the challenge stands.

Are you familiar with the ad hominem fallacy?

• cofty
    cofty

You claim your god is the epitome of love.

Your god murdered thousands of innocent babies.

Explain.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

I already did. Many times. I have debated with Jehovahs witnesses in comments sections of YouTube videos and most recently my JW parents and it doesn't matter the subject. They repeat the same things and refuse to give any thought to the other person's thoughts. It's because they don't have God's spirit and neither do you. You are behaving just like that. I conceded that God killed all those people and that we don't have all the facts to determine why he did it. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus died for guilty sinners. I'm curious if you think you're a good person? Most JW can't admit they are sinners in need of a savior. They say oh we're all imperfect, but have you mourned over your own sin? Have you seen what Christ did for you and really gotten humbled by it? Salvation is humiliating. It's humiliating knowing you can't save yourself no matter what supposed good you do or performance. We are self righteous selfish people at heart. God humbles us. That tsunami should humble you as you hear Jesus words. Repent or you will likewise perish.

• cofty
    cofty

So you have no answers and now resort to threats. Typical.

A god of love who murders babies is as impossible as a square circle.

Therefore the god of Christian theism does not exist.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

You're pretty typical too! But I have life in me from Jesus and a hope and a future and love and forgiveness that i can freely give to others. You just have unbelief. I can admit I don't have all the answers to the mysteries of the universe.

• lriddle80
    lriddle80

You probably didn't come to Christ for salvation. You probably just performed religion as we were taught to do as a JW. It took almost 10 years to undo performance and really understand the gospel. Your heart wasn't changed. You never really submitted. If you did, tell me the story if you have the courage!

• Journeyman
    Journeyman
    I find it interesting that after the cult people still hold on to religion....

I find it interesting that no-one applies this foolish 'logic' to any other area of life, yet many seem to think it is reasonable when it comes to religious belief:

"I was disappointed in the last relationship I had, so obviously all relationships are bad and I don't do relationships anymore."
    "I was disappointed by the last job I had, so obviously all jobs are bad and I don't work any more."
    "I was disappointed by the last house/flat I lived in, so obviously all homes are bad and I don't live in houses any more."
    "I was disappointed by the last car I bought, so obviously all cars are bad and I don't drive any more."
    "I was disappointed by the last political party I supported, so obviously all parties are bad and I don't take part in any politics." (Actually to be fair, I could agree with this one!)

Yet "I was disappointed by the last religion I was part of, so obviously all religions are bad and there is no God" is considered a 'logical' conclusion.

• cofty
    cofty

Journeyman - I agree some people base their decisions on that sort of irrational knee-jerk reaction. Others delve deeply into the evidence and spend years arriving at a conclusion.

• cofty
    cofty

Iriiddle - briefly I became a Christian when I realised Jesus died for my sins not Adam's.

Here is an article I wrote about it back in the day.

You will also find a link there to another article I wrote about the deity of Jesus.

It really doesn't matter whether you think I was a genuine Christian or not. My challenge remains unanswered and you have all your work ahead of you.

A god of love who murders babies is as impossible as a square circle.

Therefore the 'natural evil' proves that the god of Christian theism does not exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit