The kind of Man GWBush is.

by Yerusalyim 208 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

1991 was not a threat to the oil supply. hussein would have been very happy to sell his oil.

the freedom in kuwait? if the US really cares about freedom why doesn't it remove the criminals in saudi arabia kuwait etc.?

bosnia was a good thing...but it was not for the defense of your country either.

the only thing i agree on partially is the cold war scenario. as a member of my country i am however not too thankful for the US protecting us against the russians since without the US germany would have won WWI and thus the entire european history would have been different in a way nobody can predict.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

No, you wouldn't defend your country, you'd run and hide, or try to identify with the aggressors. Your sad lack of understanding sickens me. Please tell me you're not a US citizen.

bosnia was a good thing...but it was not for the defense of your country either.

You say that because it was a Clinton action. Never mind that more people were being murdered in Iraq by Saddam...Bosnia was a good thing. Your politics are clear on this issue. What's the big difference between Bosnia and Iraq other than more people were being slaughtered in Iraq and the President was different.

I guess the hate America first crowd will never understand the military.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

What you and your kind will never understand is that a willingness to serve displayed by putting on the uniform and following orders is the best defense the US has. Our strong military helps keep us free. Every soldier in uniform defends the country whether under fire or not.

• Realist
    Realist
    No, you wouldn't defend your country, you'd run and hide, or try to identify with the aggressors. Your sad lack of understanding sickens me. Please tell me you're not a US citizen.

ok that was way below the belt!

sometimes its really damn hard not to get personal over these issues!

• Hamas
    Hamas

Teenyuck

People resort to Ad Hominem attacks when they have no decent source of arguementation.

• Realist
    Realist
    What you and your kind will never understand is that a willingness to serve displayed by putting on the uniform and following orders is the best defense the US has. Our strong military helps keep us free. Every soldier in uniform defends the country whether under fire or not.

no, what you don't understand is that it is people like you all around the world that allow wars to happen. if there would be noone falling for politicians and religious a$$hole lies than there would be no wars.

• Hamas
    Hamas
    Our strong military helps keep us free.

And helps to keep the population of those you don't like down, by killing thousands of people worldwide.

America are war criminals.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Yeru

My dislike of GW Bush started when he 'stole' the election. All the evidence is there, you just need to read it.

His involvement in the Enron scandal, for one and his insider trading. Then he gets up and does a speech about 'corporate responsibility'...you just couldn't make it up!

All you have to do is read my posting history to see what my opinion of GW Bush is.

The man is a disgrace as a leader of a great country, and you all should be ashamed that he is still in power.

What do you think of this, comments please.

Bush A Revisionist Aggressor? By Bob Barnes
    [email protected]

6-17-3

The following is from a Reuters story currently topping the headlines on the Yahoo homepage...

"Now there are some who would like to rewrite history; revisionist historians is what I like to call them," Bush said in a speech to New Jersey business leaders.

Referring to the ousted Iraqi president, Bush said, "Saddam Hussein... was a threat to America and the free world in '91, in '98, in 2003. He continually ignored the demands of the free world, so the United States and friends and allies acted."

The president did not mention Iraqi unconventional weapons in his remarks, although accusations Iraq had chemical and biological weapons were central to his prewar campaign to build support for an attack. No such weapons have yet been found.

I happen to be of the ilk who believes we were right to take powerful action against the Hussein regime. But from the start, I said President Bush was giving the wrong reason to the American public and the world. Saddam simply wasn't doing what he agreed to do at the end of the '91 war and that was MORE than enough reason to take him down. I couldn't believe that GWB could hang a war WE started on a reason that didn't exist. But what he said today makes it look very much like he did just that.

Now, our president publicly chides his critics for "rewriting history" while in the same breath he rewrites his reason for going to war in the first place--a reason to which he has steadfastly stuck until today. Bad move! He is now--by his own definition--a "revisionist aggressor."

One of three conditions exist. Either: 1) the intelligence was right and there ARE weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, in which case he should stick to his guns until they are found... 2) The weapons are NOT in Iraq and he knew it, in which case he should admit he lied to America and the world and take the beating he deserves... or 3) He really was proceeding under false intelligence, in which case Bush could simply not announce it--we the American people would be left with an insecurity this nation has never felt before. All faith in our government's ability to protect us--especially in matters of foriegn relations--would surely be lost beyond hope. If we can't trust our own messengers, how can we possibly stand behind any strategie drawn as a result of the messages?

I have exercised what is (for me) an extraordinary patience in this matter. So much hinged on either Saddam using or the US finding those weapons that I believed, if there really weren't WMDs in Iraq, by now (dispicable as it seems) we would have simply planted some and then "found" them to save face in the eyes of the free world. The fact that we've gone this long WITHOUT finding them made me believe all the more that Bush was right--the weapons were there. Until today. Now my faith in an American I respected and trusted is seriously shaken.

I believe that George W. Bush sealed his politcal fate today. If the story isn't capped off by tomorrow morning's newscasts (and that will be difficult due to the fact that such a sensational statement was made in a public speech,) many of the Bush faithful will be taking a much closer look at ALL of the politcal hats now coming into the ring.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

~~Bob Barnes

• foreword
    foreword

If National security is the issue, why are we not in N. Korea right now dismantling their nuclear program? Or even Iran?

You guys said that Iraq had WMD, but I'm interested to know, what were the indications that they were a threat to the US, more than any other country? Geez, they couldn't even defend themselves at home. How did the US conclude that Iraq would attack them?

If you use the argument that Saddam would've sold those weapons to terrorists, well you have a serious problem, cause most countries have such weapons. Besides, the terrorists didn't use them on 9-11, why I must ask?

Protecting the US from attacks is not a hard thing to do. They have oceans on both sides, just put the army on both shores, inspect every little package that comes in, and voila, you're protected from unsuspecting attacks using WMD. A lot easier than running around the planet like a chicken with it's head cut off trying to locate threats.

Also, if they feel the need to protect themselves, ask yourself why? What has the US done that deserves such hatred? There must be a reason.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Guys, guys, guys.

You all have been in power for what, 7000 years that someone put down on a tablet?

How many of those years have gone without war, somewhere on the planet?

I am being much more of a realist than either of you.

As long as men have testicles, men will fight. Why do you think they casterate dogs and cattle and horses? For Rocky Mountain Oysters?!

No, dummy, to take down the aggression level.

How many women have been involved in starting or carrying on wars? And I am not talking about the gals in the 'hood who fight over a guy. I am talking all out, fight for land or liberty?

Not too many, huh?

As long as men have balls, men will fight. As long as men feel *disrespected* by someone else, men will fight. As long as men can push someone weaker over, men will fight. When man gets a taste of victory and likes it, he takes on the bigger guy. And maybe, kicks his ass. Ask Napoleon.

We will never have Paradise here--Until Women are in Control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit