The kind of Man GWBush is.

by Yerusalyim 208 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

the 60 percent arabs refer to the entire area of israel. i am talking about the different districts however.

for the sake of god i cannot see how anyone can side with israel when confronted with these numbers.

the rest of the discussion is therefore unnecessary but here it goes anyway

Third, most of the Arabs there were immigrants just as the Jews were.

immigrants to their own land? thats an interesting interpretation!

Finally, you're beloved United Nations said so

first of all i consider the UN a complete joke and US puppet who either does what the US wants or gets ignored! (the resolutions against israel and the latest war are the best examples).

secondly the last map shows the original UN plan. so even if the origianl distribution was sanctified the subsequent occupation was NOT!

The Israelis accepted the offer though they got less than 4% of the arable land out of that deal.

do you have the statistics on that one? 4% ? where are the 96 remaining %? in the jordanian dessert?

israel got almost the entire coast line!

There would be no Jewish settlements in the "occuppied territories" if the Arabs had not used them to stage attacks against Israel from 1948 onward...the taking of that land was necessary if Israel were to have Peace.

oh please! just close the borders!

PS: and now it has peace? injustice and violence will always create new violence!

The Palestinians are also guilty of building illegal settlements...and have never been sanctioned for any of their attacks against Israel. If the Palestinians want peace, they must first control the terrorist element amongst them.

illegal settlements on their own ground? what kind of argumentation is this? i know you are not an idiot so please don't pretend to be dense!

this is an ethic war. unfortunately in israel radical zionists are in charge whose vision it is to annex the occupied territories and to get rid of the arabs. thats why they are building settlements on ARAB ground!

i agree that the arabs have to eliminate terror but the agressor (ISRAEL) has to make the first step. also the arabs need a new infrastructur and police force to control their territory. both was deliberately distroyed by israeli forces. europe has given millions of dollars to build these things and israel distroyed it.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNREALIST,

First and foremost, those numbers are HIGHLY suspect as is the map that uses the term "Zionist". Another reason to doubt that map is because most sources readily admit that the Arabs own very little land in "palestine" most of it was owned by the Turks of the Ottoman Empire. Most of the Arabs that did own land were, like the Turks, Absentee landlords.

Secondly...the Arabs didn't immigrate to their own land. They moved from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebenon, Iraq, etc into what was then called Palestine. So yes, THEY IMMIGRATED. Just like the Jews.

You constantly ignore/refuse to address the fact that it was the Arabs that attacked Israel in 1948---1967...etc etc ad nauseum. You also refuse to address the fact that had Arafat not started this last little intafada that Palestine would be well on it's way to Statehood...IF they could just drop their rhetoric about getting rid of Israel. Until the Arabs accept the reality of Israel...there will be NO PEACE.

Finally, you've thoroughly hijacked this thread, which started out showing that the US President has a heart for the soldiers...I did confirm with CH Henderson that the events mentioned happened...I think it's time to shut down this thread. If you want to continue the Israel conversation lets take it to the thread I started.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

before you call me unrealist and question the UN numbers come up with official number that contradict these from 1946!

again don't try to play an idiot! this is an ethical conflict...that means ARABS vs JEWS ! OK? so it is the jews against the arabs (regardless of where they are located; egypt, jordania, syria or the occupied territories). is that at all understandable to you?

most of it was owned by the Turks of the Ottoman Empire. Most of the Arabs that did own land were, like the Turks, Absentee landlords.

as you know there was no ottoman empire in 1946 and for the arabs it doesn't matter whether the land owner sits in jerusalem or kairo as long as its not a jew who tries to throw them out of their country!

the Arabs didn't immigrate to their own land. They moved from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebenon, Iraq, etc into what was then called Palestine. So yes, THEY IMMIGRATED. Just like the Jews.

this was not an empty land. before the birth of zionism there was an arabic population there of course (around 500.000 in 1900). the few jews that live in the area were concentrated in jerusalem.

You constantly ignore/refuse to address the fact that it was the Arabs that attacked Israel in 1948

can you blame them? firstly the jews annex a huge territory of which large parts were inhabited almost exclusively by arabs. secondly the jews commit massacres to drive out the arabs. and you expect the arab nations to accept this?

You also refuse to address the fact that had Arafat not started this last little intafada that Palestine would be well on it's way to Statehood

israel had agreed to stop any settlements on arab ground in the oslo agreement. ISRAEL BROKE THAT AGREEMENT before the intifada started!

IF they could just drop their rhetoric about getting rid of Israel.

arafat did exactly that in the oslo agreement!

Finally, you've thoroughly hijacked this thread, which started out showing that the US President has a heart for the soldiers...I did confirm with CH Henderson that the events mentioned happened...I think it's time to shut down this thread. If you want to continue the Israel conversation lets take it to the thread I started.

this thread focused on iraq and war long before i made my first posting (which by the way was a response to your original post).

secondly...visiting soldiers is part of the job for a president who starts a war. just like visiting kindergardens and shaking hands at various conventions. this does not at all show that bush is sincere.

where is your thread about israel?

• Abaddon
  • Joey
  • Joey
  • Joey
  • Joey
  • Satanus
    Satanus

Bush talk is cheap.

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f=0-ARMYPAPER-1954515.php

the White House griped that various pay-and-benefits incentives added to the 2004 defense budget by Congress are wasteful and unnecessary — including a modest proposal to double the $6,000 gratuity paid to families of troops who die on active duty. This comes at a time when Americans continue to die in Iraq at a rate of about one a day.

Similarly, the administration announced that on Oct. 1 it wants to roll back recent modest increases in monthly imminent-danger pay (from $225 to $150) and family-separation allowance (from $250 to $100) for troops getting shot at in combat zones.

While Bush’s proposed 2004 defense budget would continue higher targeted raises for some ranks, he also proposed capping raises for E-1s, E-2s and O-1s at 2 percent, well below the average raise of 4.1 percent.

All of which brings us to the latest indignity — Bush’s $9.2 billion military construction request for 2004, which was set a full $1.5 billion below this year’s budget on the expectation that Congress, as has become tradition in recent years, would add funding as it drafted the construction appropriations bill.
    But Bush’s tax cuts have left little elbow room in the 2004 federal budget that is taking shape, and the squeeze is on across the board.
    The result: Not only has the House Appropriations military construction panel accepted Bush’s proposed $1.5 billion cut, it voted to reduce construction spending by an additional $41 million next year.

SS who is wondering if yeru's nice story about bush was planted

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit