The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sf
    sf

cruz,

Please consider, as I have, printing this letter out and circulating it in your community. Everyone else CAN-DO this too! Put it anywhere and everywhere; just like all the other WT Letters.

It's my theory that the more the public truly does WITNESS exactly how the 'internal organ' operates, the better. If 'we' can make it a goal to innoculate the public with this, it possibly can make a difference in others lives too.

Now, I have a 'project' in mind using your letter here FROM WT SOCIETY. May I do with it as I may; omitting your name of course. Or does it matter, since it has been made public here and possibly search engines now?

{{{{{{{ wishing you well in your time of loss and grief }}}}}}

sKally

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Omitting my address would be nice -- I get enough junk mail as it is. (They spelled the street wrong, BTW.) But feel free to use the letter as you see fit. I want to turn this into as positive a situation as possible. I don't mind if you use my name. I think it was GermanJW who translated my letter into German and posted it on a website, so now if you type in "William Bibbee" or "Bill Bibbee" it comes up on the search engines! A cousin I'd never met, who is into genealogy, found me that way! Cool, huh? And the Customer Service Department of the WBTS can't locate my congregation . . . . You know, that would've been easy if they'd just asked a few questions: one of the elders in Dad's old congregation has a son in the one where my cards are, and that son is good friends with the ONLY person from that congregation who came to the funeral, so I don't think she kept quiet about the whole thing. They just don't care, pure and simple.

Nina

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

Dear Cruzenheart,

Sorry I haven't responded sooner. There was no sympathy, or remorse in this letter. Came across as very cold. Shows what they're made of.

Thanks for sharing.

Sadie

• sf
    sf

Great Nina, thanks.

sKally

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

The letter is not bad and it is addressing issues that you wrote about in the original letter:

It starts out with giving you a biblical hope in your time of sorrow.

They are not saying that you lied, they are saying that there might be a misunderstanding.

They took a few months to answer you because they obviously wrote to the body of elders and they had to respond to their questions in writing. This was wise as it's always good to get both sides of a story.

They then point out what the elders did to help your father. This might have been overlooked as you are envolved emotionally. This of course is understandable. When a tragedy occurs, as imperfect humans, we tend to want to point fingers to find someone at fault.

Let me share an experience I had. One time a sister accused me of being negligent with my widowed mom. I was very furious at her! I take care of my mom, I pay her bills, I visit her daily, I run over to her home every single time she has a need. See, the sister accusing me did not see me doing all these things for my mom. Why did she accuse me of being negligent then? Because my mom had mentioned to her in service that she felt lonely. The sister immediately assumed that it's because I was negligent. But my mom was feeling that way because of having lost my father and the anniversary of this death was a few days away. So sometimes we are criticized even though we ARE doing things right. Could that have happend with the elders? Could they have been taking care of your father as the letter states, but it went unnoticed by you or your husband?

I wish you well.

• little witch
    little witch

SOJ

You are probobly right, oh and I bet what would make your mom less lonely would be the coffee and ho-ho's too!

• figureheaduk
    figureheaduk

(((((((Cruzanheart and Big Tex)))))))

I'm so saddened (and angered) by this. Once again, they prove how heartless they really are, and even go as far as accusing you of lying (which is mighty rich, coming from that lot!). Every day I hear story after story about how the WTS has destroyed families and ruined lives - it only serves to make me despise those running the show even more, day after day, week after week. My deepest sympathy and eternal best wishes to you both.

Lee / figureheaduk (of the "right, that does it! where's my cricket bat?" class)

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Well, I, too, am touched by the terminally shy sister who called you to say she was now motivated to reach out to members of the congregation who are having a real time. I hope it doesn't get her a shepherding call from the elders!

• avishai
    avishai

SoJ, due to your cold, compassionless posts on other threads, mainly another one re: suicide, my first reaction was to make a remark in kind to your post about your mom. However, I won't, that's not who I am.

I too lost a father, @ 13, & had a similar experience to yours, was called on the carpet for not hanging out w/ her more. But, those in the cong. that wanted $$$ from her due to my dads death, Never invited her over for anything other than $$. The "fine, upstanding ones" never really did anything for her other than ask for $$, constantly. Her elders took her to the tune of about $100,000, then reneged on the arrangements to pay her back. After my dad's death, or after her 2nd housefire, the only witnesses who REALLY helped were inactive ones, poor ones, or social misfits in the cong. When we had to move out of a house in one day, NO dubs helped, it was the special talk day. YOu know who DID help us move? The mormons.

I wonder, SoJ, do YOU have any experiences like this? From what I've seen, not just w/ my family, their track record w/ the elderly, widows, orphans, mentally unstable, or anyone who is having difficulty, is abominable. And against the principles of helping others, not just your brothers & sisters, but even your enemies. With real help, not just "sporitual food. SoJ, I am truly sorry for your loss, tell me what happened.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sword of Who: YOU amaze me even my relatives that are JW's that read that letter SAW the heartless way it was written. They also so the sublte hint that the family was at fault not them oh never them. Are you so blind how was hope given. MY GOD you are so blinded by satan in suits that you can't see. I feel so sorry for you. You either lack the mental fortitude to extract yourself from their grasp or are hoplessely brain-washed, either way if you can't be truly sympathetic don't come one a thread like this spouting your dub propaganda it's not appreciated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit