The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The problem seems to be that the image was scanned too small.

Try scanning at 200 dpi and original sixe. That should make it legible. Save as jpg or gif image

• Valis
    Valis

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

So they're basically saying you're lying?

• Valis
    Valis

The last sentence about going back tot he elders for further "encouragement" is pompous, and just tells you those nutmegs don't have a clue about how hateful they really can be....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• outnfree
    outnfree

So the elders played "Cover Your Ass" with the Society and now it's Nina's fault for being unduly "upset" that they never extended a hand to Brother Bibbee in a SOCIAL way.

I notice they didn't mention dear Brother Osbeck and HIS part in pushing Nina's dad to attempted suicide. Because he's actually their agent as travelling representative?

Also, it seems that Nina is to be discounted if she isn't still a Witness. At least, that's my take on the last paragraph. It's couched in an offer of comfort from the elders. (Yeah, right! That's who Nina would go to for comfort given their beautifully compassionate track record!)

Steam's coming out of my ears, and yet, I have NEVER known ANYONE to get a satisfactory answer to a letter written to the Society, so why should that have changed?

((((((((((((((((((((Nina and family))))))))))))))))))))))))))

out

• Swan
    Swan
    So they're basically saying you're lying?

It sure appears that way to me. It is also interesting to note that they took time to contact the local elders about the matter, but they didn't think to ask them anything about you or your status. They don't appear to know what congregation you are "supposed" to be in. I find that very highly unlikely.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

yet again another confirmation of how little love they have

Basically they have said the elders did a good job and you are just complaining for no reason

Heartless absolutely heartless

• blondie
    blondie
    So the elders played "Cover Your Ass" with the Society

Out, exactly my thoughts. The elders protect each other, after all the body has to look good. That's why many elders step down, they can no longer support the lies of the other elders.

You never know what seeds you have planted, Nina.

Blondie

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Barf....

They are heartless Bastards.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Seems typical and predictable doesn't it? It is, and in this case: was.

Nina's details were well detailed and explained in her original letter.

Looks like a pick and choose response to her letter.

They consulted with the elders; but of course. Why believe YOU (anyone)?

Anyways, Nina, sorry to read this typical response. I am sure you are not surprised.

Please enjoy your special day today with Big Tex (Their 20th anniversary).

Thanks for sharing with us Nina. Thanks Valis for helping Nina with posting this item. It's greatly appreciated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit