The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• logansrun
    logansrun

Another corporate sounding letter. Did the apostles ever talk like this?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Not only are they delicately saying I'm lying, but in the paragraph where they recap about dad going into a retirement home, that oh-so-subtle reference about missing his loving family was a slap in the face at me for not taking him into my home. At least that's what I get out of it.

And they were kind of fishing at the end because I didn't mention the congregation where my cards are, so they could send the Elder Police after me.

I find it interesting that William Osbeck's name is not mentioned ANYWHERE in that letter, and there are no cc's noted at the end of the letter to him or the Preston Park congregation. They used to be scrupulous about mentioning who they sent copies to, so I can only assume they sent bcc's (blind copies) along with some extra instructions in case anyone gets subpoenaed.

If I had a lot of money and a lot of time, I'd probably sue just to bug 'em.

TO ANY LURKERS ON THIS BOARD: Read my letter. Read this letter. Decide for yourself if they are defenders of truth or just a bunch of cowardly old men.

Nina

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Oh, my friggin blood is boiling those son of a bitches(sorry Simon) but OH my God. In the first few paragraphs they cast blame on his family and then proceed to call your viewpoint lies. As, if you weren't there as if you didn't know.

((((((((Nina))))))) Ignore them the bastards. How they twist the truth always astounds me. They make you doubt your own friggin sanity sometimes. I am so sorry that they are so friggin heartless.

Sheila

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

". . . we wonder if it was really appropriate to take out your anger . . ." -- OH YEAH IT WAS!!!!!! My anger was placed EXACTLY where it needed to be!

Thanks for your support!

Nina

• shamus
    shamus

How dare they say that in the last sentence," was it really appropriate".... How the hell are you supposed to act? Like them???

Look, they covered it up... again. I know from personal experience that they could have given 1/2 a poo about anyone but themselves.... they only disputed your claim, and that is it...

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Did you ever get any response from anyone else? The tv person or the religion editor? Or anyone in the congregation?

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

What a puke-inspiring letter. Just what you'd expect from the slimey serpents in WT HQ. Fake sympathy with underlying criticism and legal covering of their asses. Not a shred of decency or recognition of responsibility is to be found. Bastards.

Expatbrit

• shamus
    shamus

One more thing -

At least they answered you.... that's all that I can say positive about this situation... they certainley did have to run this by their legal department...

They got lies again from the very same elder... shame on him...

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Everyone who has spoken before is correct. This is corporate doublespeak, spin doctor, cover your arse, protect thy bootie, watch out for the Watchtower verbage.

Nina, they even "attempted" to admonish you for taking your hurt out on them.

These old farts in cheap Sears suits are pathetic. "Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses" is an oxymoron.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What I find interesting is their version of that little meeting at Bill's retirement home. Here's what really happened:

Bill had been reinstated for a few months and had been observed at the circuit assembly, hugging a couple of sisters he had known for 25 years. This meeting took place just a couple of days later. Naturally the elders did not tell Bill what the meeting was going to be about, but Bill was so excited. He called me that afternoon to tell me when they were coming. I told him that it might not be good based on the way they had treated him in the past, but he was so excited that he was getting a shepherding call that he brushed it off. He was so proud that they were coming that he had told all of his friends at the retirement home about it and had reserved a conference room especially for the meeting.

Naturally when the elders showed up they chewed him up and spit him out. They threatened him with judicial action if he ever touched a sister again. Bill called Nina and I that night and told us about it and he was so completely dejected and defeated. I’ve never heard him sound so down and depressed. It was just a couple of weeks later that he made the first attempt at suicide.

This is the "encouragement" these people are talking about.

What you do speaks so loudly, I can’t hear what you’re saying. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit