The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

You know what really ticks me off about that letter? They would always preach that WE as JW's should be willing to say "I'm sorry" even if it is the other persons fault, just to keep the peace. They can't even except the blame when they are at fault. Makes you wonder if that isn't the reason they teach this.

• teejay
    teejay

"By this all will know that you truly are my disciples... if you have love among yourselves." -- Jesus of Nazareth

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    Did you ever get any response from anyone else? The tv person or the religion editor? Or anyone in the congregation?

No response from the media (I wasn't really expecting it -- I was just using that to ruffle a few feathers) or anyone in the congregation except for one brave sister (and I'll claim her as a sister!) who had the guts to call and tell me that she drew strength from my letter and determined to make an effort to reach out to those who needed it. Funny thing is, I always thought of her as terminally shy -- very nice but didn't talk easily to people. It was awesome to hear her say that she was going to make such an effort to get out of her comfort zone. I did show the letter to a "friend" from the congregation where my publisher card is, who had come over to lecture me about letting my children celebrate birthdays. My, we had an interesting conversation! She read the letter, had no comment about the heart-rending contents, and finally said, "How could you bring reproach on Jehovah's name by sending this to the media?" Oy.

Your comments on this letter are so comforting. I am very touched and grateful to all of you for your love and support. Imagine how alone we would all feel if we were struggling through these spiritual issues and thinking we were the only ones feeling this way. I watched Big Tex do that, and it's no picnic. We are very blessed to have each other to bounce off ideas, yell and scream, cry and comfort. Thank you!

Love,

Nina

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Cruzan,

I would like to chime in like the others regarding this incredibly cold and mean-spirited sanctimonious letter you received. I too wrote to the Org recently. After five long months I got a reply much like yours. All the points I brought up were ignored. Instead of answering any of my questions, they encouraged me to "wait on Jehovah". They were "disappointed" to hear that I had allowed my concerns to affect my meeting attendance and field service activities. blah blah blah. That was the most amazing thing about it, that it took five months for them to send me a letter that told me nothing!!

Do you think you will write again? Or try calling? I have to beleive, lie another poster already mentioned, that every letter, every phone call, eventually could make a difference.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

The Society is not expressing love or even any serious, heartfelt concern. It is a standard letter. Damn, sometimes I just want to ..................., best left un said!!

I am ashamed that with all of the money and power associated with the WTB&TS that the local elders (or the GB) could not even accept responsibility for their failure to provide the DAILY involvement which could save lives and build true friendships.

The story is the same, Most JWs are too self centered and self rightous to give a flip over other people outside of their "personal click". The only true person that really did care, died for all of us. Too bad the R&F JWs haven't learned anything from that example.

• Aztec
    Aztec

All I can say is, wow! What a cold, heartless letter to receive, especially after what you've obviously been through! I wish I could offer something more than words but you have my condolences. Please take care.

~Aztec

• metatron
    metatron

Really, what did you expect from these legalistic sociopaths?

I can sympathize - this is standard practise from them.

"Oh, well, the elders screwed up and lied

or covered up wrongdoing

or pushed someone toward suicide

or wrecked someone's life ...... but YOU SHOULD GO BACK TO THEM because they care"

Lurkers, look well at this! How evil is it to send back innocent victims to the very CRIMINALS that hurt them in the first place?

metatron

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I may write another letter, in order to address a couple of issues that had nothing to do with dad's death. Haven't decided yet. How can anyone read that waste of paper and think it's "encouraging"?

Nina

• Swan
    Swan

If you do write another letter, tell them it was entirely "appropriate" for you to write the first letter. This was your father (and I assume heir of his estate and legal matters), so you are the one with the authority in this matter. It is entirely appropriate for you to get to the bottom of this matter and hold those accountable who would otherwise be protected by slick talk and skirtings of the issues.

Gee, they burn me up!

Tammy

• Angharad
    Angharad

(((((Nina & Tex))))

I agree with berylblue , that line also absolutely sickened me in fact the whole think is unbelievably cold and heartless, They say something like that and then add at the end 'be assured of our warm christain love'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit