The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Makena1
    Makena1

Nina - first of all (((((hugs)))) and happy anniversary wishes to you and Big Tex.

I too was disgusted by the self-serving reply, totally devoid of any comfort. Dosen't surprise me at all though.

. we wonder if it was really appropriate to take out your anger .

We received similar comments when our reaction to our daughters suicide did not coincide with what the local PO and fellow elders thought was appropriate.

Again, I am so sorry you had to go through all of this - but I applaud your courage and tenacity to follow through with the letters you wrote.

Like you - if I had a generous amount of disposable income, I would file a lawsuit. I would lose, but giving them some grief/trouble would be compensation enough.

Love,

Mak and Sabine

• compound complex
    compound complex

Belated hugs and best wishes, Nina. I only now found this through a link to a link.

A wonderful man just committed suicide and the speaker had to comment on the doubtfulness of his resurrection.

CoCo

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I too am just now reading this..I am so sorry for your loss!

Not to be vulgar but that letter from the society makes me ill! Having had a jw hubby that was dying from cancer and knowing just how many times they "Visited" him...I know for a fact they lie!

When the elders were called on the fact that no one was visiting my hubby their responce was" I thought so and so was visiting him". Each thought the other one was visiting him so NO one visited him..then eventually when he was in the final stages they sent a very old servant that was almost deaf to visit him...read him the daily text..(about a woman's mentral cycle) said a prayer and left.

It didn't really matter..hubby was out of it anyway.

So I will tell them to their faces...LIAR!

I feel so sorry that your Dad became so desperate that he felt that was the only way out. I am sure for him that was the only answer.
    Being uprooted and moving into a one room apartment ..he probably felt like he lost any identity of who he was. I felt the same way when hubby died.It's a very empty feeling.

Again..I know this is late but I am so sorry for your loss...

Big hug..Snoozy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit