The Society's response to my letter regarding my dad's suicide

by cruzanheart 92 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• avishai
    avishai

Cruzanhart, Very sorry to use this post for a discussion w/ soj. I am very sorry for your loss, & having to deal w/ the usual cold, emotionless b.s. from the cong. the elders, all the way up to the top. No one should have to be lonely in their "golden years" & especially not chided by petty a--holes that are far younger, & have'nt gone out of THEIR way to go see this guy. Truly, gut wrenching & despicable. They did not deserve even the recognition your letter gave them. (((((((cruzanhart))))))))

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    So sometimes we are criticized even though we ARE doing things right. Could that have happend with the elders? Could they have been taking care of your father as the letter states, but it went unnoticed by you or your husband?

No.

Nina

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And by the way, Sword of Jah, people like you are one of the reasons why I will never attend another meeting. So for all of the ones in your congregation that you feel you have "helped," please remember there is at least one person you are continuing to stumble by your smug, self-righteous attitude about the Great & Glorious Organization. Get the stars out of your eyes. I work for lawyers, and let me tell you that letter was written and re-written to say as little as possible, admit nothing, and very subtly attempt to make ME feel guilty for THEIR misdeeds.

Nina

• nilfun
    nilfun
    attempt to make ME feel guilty

I noticed that also.

I find it strange that SOJ can be furious over
    another JWs attempt to blame him for his mother's
    loneliness, (when he's doing so much for her), but
    not seem to see anything wrong with the society's
    attempt to do that to you.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

((((((((((((((NINA)))))))))))))))))

I don't know what to say, but it really sickens me the way they are saying the congregation did so much for your dad.........They are taking the elders word for it all and I am really just pissed at the way they handled this.......but not at all shocked.

Just know that your real brothers and sisters here, know the truth, and you know how they did my mom.

I am sure they would say her drug addiciton, her d/f , etc. was the root cause of her suicide being away from Jehovah etc. But what can we do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you said your peace and they wont take any blame. That I know is what you knew they would do. It is so easy for them to find a way to ease their conscience on these kind of matters..........I am so angry right now....... I will call ya later hon,,,,,, hope to see you in Dallas next week and maybe we can talk and just cry together. TO HELL with them all.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Their response disappoints me but does not surprise me. They will never apologize and never accept blame. It's part of their M.O.

They evidently called a few elders, who are obviously going put some spin on the matter. They fear looking bad in the eyes of the WT, so they'll no doubt put spin on it.

Oh and in case someone says 'how do you know they'd spin their response?' I was an elder, and I understand how they operate and how they perceive things. It's the pack mentality. They feel they can do no wrong. And they fear the WTS and the CO's and DO's, so they don't want to look like they dropped the ball.

This letter is carefully crafted to accept no responsibilty and to shift blame to Nina. It's sad, it's appalling, it's outrageous. And it's not at all surprising.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sword of Jah

I've never really had a problem with you. I don't read what you write mainly because although you talk the talk, it's clear you don't walk the walk. I've kind of viewed you as kind of like a pigeon. You fly in, shit over everything and then fly away. Annoying but no big deal.

Now you have my attention.

Do you realize a man DIED? Do you really understand that this is not about some abstract theologic point. This was a man's life.

Bill was a man who gave everything he had to Jehovah's Witnesses. He believed with all his heart. He went where the need was greater. He started not only bible studies but congregations. He gave thousands of dollars to the Society over the years. He never once asked anything back, except once. At then, at the end when he was alone and scared, old and frail when he had nothing to give anymore and had no status or standing, he was simply beaten up just for the fun of it. And when these men tired of having their fun, they threw him away. Do you really understand and feel what has happened?

You, and the mindless legal drones in Brooklyn think that by spouting a platitude about "some day" things being magically better that is supposed to salve an open wound. If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, yet a certain one of you says to them: 'Go in peace, keep warm and well fed," but you do not give them the necessities for their body, of what benefit is it?

They then point out what the elders did to help your father. This might have been overlooked as you are envolved emotionally. This of course is understandable. When a tragedy occurs, as imperfect humans, we tend to want to point fingers to find someone at fault.

Damn lie. They were not pointing out what the elders did to help Bill. They were covering their ass in case we file suit. I WAS THERE! I saw this whole tragedy take place, chief and the only way these people helped Bill was to help kill him. We did not overlook a damn thing chief, but it was the Society who overlooked what Christina wrote. Why didn't they mention the CO who harangued Bill? They lied about the elders visitng Bill. They went to Bill's retirement home to threaten him with judicial because he had been observed hugging 2 sisters he had known for 25 years. THAT was his crime. He called me that night and was so dejected and depressed after this "encouragement" that a couple of weeks later he attempted suicide.

I listened to Bill pour out his heart to me day after day. I work at night and so had lunch with him twice a week. We had him over for dinner twice a week. We watched him being beaten down day after day and there wasn't a damn thing I could to stop it. Point fingers? You bet chief and you know what? If your father had been killed by a drunk driver you would be the first pointing fingers.

DON'T YOU EVER talk this way toward my family again. Do you hear me? This is not a game little man, this is real life. This is my family and I'll be triple damned and sent to hell by God himself before I will let some toffee-headed, malordous, vacuous, arrogant little snot nosed Jehovah's Witness come lift their leg on me or mine again!!

I have no doubt you are giggling in glee right now. You are the type of person who gets their jollies out of poking at stick just to get a reaction. And I have been stupid enough to fall into your trap. I'll say this once, but I mean it:

Go away and leave us alone!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Beautifully said, my love.

Nina

• Nanoprobe
    Nanoprobe

Dear Nina & Big Tex

I don’t even know how to respond to that stupid letter, because basically it isn’t worth a comment. I am, however, very surprised that the society troubled themselves to reply to your letter. You must have hit a nerve somewhere. It’s their usual----we are right and you are wrong. Doesn’t matter about the details, you are wrong and you are out of line if you try to make them accountable.

Of course, what they needed to address was the shunning policy. It is this policy that destroys hope and lives. It is this policy that encourages the elders to interrogate, pry, harass, whatever, but not be compassionate to broken people. Your father had suffered so much from your mother’s illness and the loss of her companionship and rather than help the poor man, it was necessary to destroy him.

I am sure he felt he could not deal with the shame and pain of another judicial meeting, and let’s face it; they would have disfellowshipped him if they had a chance and left him DF’d till the end of his days. That would have been his reward for being a “prominent one” for most of his life and now stumbling. What a fine reward for 50+ years of diligent service. That was, undoubtedly, too heavy a burden for him to bear. But of course, they are not to blame, because they are right and you are wrong.

I always think that if these men are friends of God, than God seriously needs some new friends.

A very big CONGRATULATION on twenty happy years of marriage!

Elaine and Ed

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Hmm, I see someone has just taken a large dump on this thread.

Oh wait a minute it was just SOJ talking crap again.

Listen, you're supposed to open your mouth not your ass when you go to speak.

I bet the elders love you in your cong. They probably send you round to 'comfort' the depressed. I even bet you tie the noose for them.

Ignored One.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit