Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• newsheep
    newsheep

I don't think this virus is being taken serious enough with some. They hear they get the sniffles, fever, cough and a little hard breathing and they think that's it. Take a look at this and tell me this isn't serious when it attacks healthy livers. Trust me you don't want liver failure. It's hell or even part of your liver removed due to disease. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/langas/article/PIIS2468-1253(20)30057-1/fulltext

• cofty
    cofty

Liver damage in mild cases of COVID-19 is often transient and can return to normal without any special treatment.

• newsheep
    newsheep

Yes Cofty no argument their however how many people have non alcoholic fatty disease due to obesity or taking in too much fat? Lots. There's an entire floor just for those people in Toronto liver clinic. How many have Hepatitis C? or hepatitis A and B? In my case Cholangiocarcinoma. Many of these types of livers do not fully heal. Just wanting people to take this serious and not think it's no big deal. It is a big deal for those who pass it on to others who can die from this virus. It's not about the people who can bounce back nicely but those who can't. It starts with taking it serious period! This was just last weekend:https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/outrage-as-snowbirds-flock-across-the-border-shop-and-refuse-to-self-isolate

• newsheep
    newsheep

These snowbirds who were just twenty minutes away from me come and try to camp at our Walmart, Canadian Tire and Superstore parking lots. They were all full. No running water or hydro. Then they go shopping the following morning in the store without self isolating nor washing their hands. Then they clean the stores out of what everyone wants and take off. I won't even go there knowing that they were going there. The cops came and sent all of them away. But none of them are monitored and once over the border they do what ever the hell they want. Even touching the fresh produce without washing their hands. E coli is just as bad as this virus, put the two of them together. https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/outrage-as-snowbirds-flock-across-the-border-shop-and-refuse-to-self-isolate

• LV101
    LV101

The governor of NY had a chance 2 yrs. ago to purchase 1600 respirators/ventilators but he turned them down.

The entire health care system (like the swamp DC and the military and the economy, etc., etc., broken/corrupt!) has been broken for years - nothing new.

• LV101
    LV101

Darn - just remembered no political talk -- please strike it down/my bad.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The simple fact is that the Obama administration used up the emergency supplies but then left the cupboard bare, despite being warned that they needed to be replenished.

Simon ...

So it has taken the Orange Man over three years to order more supplies? With all the people he has fired in his administration, maybe that included the Purchasing Manager.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    So it has taken the Orange Man over three years to order more supplies? With all the people he has fired in his administration, maybe that included the Purchasing Manager.

Obama was the one in charge when it happened and was the one that received the reports recommending supplies be ordered. Are you saying it's Trump's job to sort out and know about all of Obama's fuckups on the day he took office?

Maybe if he wasn't preoccupied with the democrats endless impeachment scam and Russia hoaxes, he'd have more time ...

Even so, he's doing a great job. I'd swap him in a heartbeat for the useless cunt we have here in Canada who's response to the pandemic has been to do nothing until it past crisis point and then try to seize exceptional and unlimited power to tax and spend with no oversight whatsoever where the money goes.

I honestly don't think Americans realize how lucky they are.

• TD
    TD

I'm very pleased that this administration took strong measures at a time when conservative pundits (e.g. Limbaugh, Hannity, Ingraham, et al) were claiming this was a "Deep State" conspiracy no worse than the common cold.

Even more recently, Aaron Ginn's piece of nonsense was taken down by Medium.com and I have not heard anyone in the administration regurgitating it.

So yeah. No complaints from me

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Louisiana is spiking hard most likely due to the Mardi Gras.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit