Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Status Update Thread

by Simon 656 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I think the US closed it's borders to China before Australia. President Trump closed down border January 30 and the liberals went berserk. Dems went off again when he closed down flights to/from Italy (re the outbreak info), Spain, etc. It's an emergency and Dems are having a difficult time hiding their true colors/lies.

Cuomo and de Blasio are only proficient at corruption and did nothing medically constructive in the state of NY to prepare them against pandemics or anything else. Thousands have been fleeing from the state of New York for past years because of the taxes, political horror/corruption alone. Now they can't get out of Dodge fast enough.

• resolute Bandicoot
  • resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

As a result of this buy up by the Chinese it has taken me 3 weeks to find some hand sanitiser. Thankfully we still have one manufacturer in Australia that make medical PPE, Engineers and others from the Australian Defence Force have helped set up extra production lines at the factory and crank out the goods 24/7. Let this be a lesson to all countries about self sufficiency.

RB

• Simon
    Simon

Look at this bullshit:

Europe, doesn't look too bad eh?

And China, they seem on top of things ...

OMG, 'Merca!!!

This is a BULLSHIT visualization. It is inconsistent and misleading.

If I had to guess, I would bet money that some Chinese funding was behind this.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RESOLUTE BANDICOOT:

Self sufficiency and avoidance of Chinese products!..I’m so incensed I’m tempted to not buy Chinese food again..and I like it.

I was shocked to read what Simon wrote about the Chinese buying tons of medical supplies from around the world from countries unsuspecting of the disastrous virus emanating from there...And then those very same countries needing those very same supplies a couple of months later.

I am annoyed that this story is suppressed. But, I’m sure the worthless leftist media is behind that shit.. Instead, too many people are blaming Trump for everything under the sun.

• LV101
    LV101

LHG - I want nothing from China nor did I before this horror. I'd heard people weren't eating Chinese food but I thought because they were worried about particular food ingredients/products coming from there. I don't think you're going to be alone - I love it, too - especially Panda Express/ay yi yi. I love the regular Chinese restaurants, also.

I must find that post of Simon's re/medical supplies. Is that under this topic? What a couple of weeks this has been - surreal - and this is only the beginning!

Is there a 'guesstimate' when this COVID 19 spread into the US -- after the Chinese New Year?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

If you can believe the figures and I have no reason to doubt John Hopkins Univ. America now has more infected people than China .? That is of course if the Chinese figures can be believed .

However the American figures are way over what they should be given the time frame we had about this virus coming from China.

Could it be that America has been slow to appreciate the severity of the disease and not taken enough adequate steps to stem the tide of infection ?

I am amazed that Russia seems to have escaped the virus the way they have with less than 900 infected people so far .

If I may compare Australia and New Zealand`s response to the virus I think NZ has been ahead of Australia by coming out and laying down the law straight away whereas Australia has been coming out in dribs and drabs as to what restrictions are being applied .

Just my observations about Covid-19

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5
    If I may compare Australia and New Zealand`s response to the virus I think NZ has been ahead of Australia by coming out and laying down the law straight away whereas Australia has been coming out in dribs and drabs as to what restrictions are being applied .

The way ScoMo’s done it though has kept business and workers employed up until now.

If you’re a contractor making 50-$60 an hour your grateful for another weeks work, and so is the apprentice.

Australia was very quick to stop large social gatherings which will reduce transmissions drastically.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Here in the U.K our Prick Minister, Bozo, has tested positive, sadly he only has mild symptoms.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

oh Phizz--thats very unkind of you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit