GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ slim

Fair point.

• Zilgee
    Zilgee

Will the anointed now fight with each other in heaven?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Zilgee - Will the anointed now fight with each other in heaven?”

Probably not.

But I would totally watch that movie.

😏

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I watched John on his ExJW-analyzer channel last nite.

He says that the borg is ""liberalizing"".

He is well researched,,methodical and intelligent

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Funny thing...throughout Mark Sanderson's 20 minute talk on all these 'new' changes, not once does he reference Proverbs 4:18 as they've done hundreds of times before as new light from 'Jehovah'. He uses the expression 'clearer understanding'. I wonder if they've finally wised-up & realized the context of Proverbs 4:18 has nothing to do with new religious, organizational teachings and understandings.

• RandomUserName3500
    RandomUserName3500

Hope they aren't going to meet with all the inactive ones every 6 months too. Walked out the KH doors almost 9 years ago and haven't been back. Not DF, just left and they know why. 1 visit from 1 elder driving by while I was mowing. It's been great. They're probably not, I moved over an hour away 6 years ago

• redsetter2
    redsetter2

I'm sorry I joined late. It's been very busy here, but I can assure you that those at Bethel are just as stunned as congregation members, however we have many young ones eagerly lapping up these impulsive changes. I will detail an update in my next post.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I also think this is a shiny thing for the R&F as other bigger changes are coming. Pants and ties and beards mean nothing in the big picture really to a multi million $$ corporation. Keeps the flock grateful for this little bone that makes it easier for them to be in the club.

This corporation is in real estate as stated on one of their tax filings. Rebranding to protect their assets I see would be its goal, at some point. It already started with JWdotorg. Which was really brilliant IMHO. These simple freebies to the followers keeps them distracted.

I was talking with an exJW, this all must be a head scratcher for thinkers. But it makes it all easier for them to stick with it through the cognitive dissonance some must feel.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

@Dagney: partially that, but they have been making the conversion to a ‘mainstream’ church for a while now. My main issue is that people won’t leave as much anymore but it will always have that culty tinge. I think a lot of hardcore ones will take this as an opportunity to pressure those have left to rejoin. They’ve plastered over the superficial issues, but unlikely they will have changed their core.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    redsetter2 - I'm sorry I joined late. It's been very busy here, but I can assure you that those at Bethel are just as stunned as congregation members, however we have many young ones eagerly lapping up these impulsive changes. I will detail an update in my next post.”

All good, Red… nice to see you again.

I thought you might turn up.

😏

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit