GB Update #2, March 2024: Women allowed to wear pants, no ties/coats required if not giving a talk, & now able to greet DF ones in the KH!

by WingCommander 194 Replies latest jw friends

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

FYI concerning the loosening of the dress code:

Someone over on Reddit pointed out that yet again, JW's are merely playing "catch up" with the Mormons! Apparently THEY loosened up their business attire dress code a while back. So once again, it's monkey-see, monkey-do with these cults.

Mormons were also the first to have cartoons, with even a girl named - you guessed it - Sophia!

JW's have never ever had (1) original thought - ever! Except maybe banning blood products and organ transplants. I'll give 'em that load of BS!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

By the way, I was reading the stuff they sent to congregations, and I don't think I'd ever seen the phrase "scheming to end a marriage." Apparently, it is a crime on part with child abuse and apostasy in the eyes of the WTS. What do they mean by that phrase?

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

"Scheming to end a marriage."

This one is easy! How many times have we heard of this "scheme" over the years?

2 married JW couples. (young or old, doesn't matter - seen it all different ways)

1 guy from a couple, 1 woman from the other couple, decide they'd like to be married to each other instead of their spouses.

They decide to have an affair, then go to the Elders and confess, knowing they'll be DF'd. They do just this.

Their spouses then have legal and scriptural cause for a divorce.

Divorce goes thru.

Adulterous couple go thru a year of the DF'ing motions, then petition for re-instatement.

Re-instatement is granted by BOE.

3 months (or sooner!) The adulterous couple then gets engaged and married as JW's in good standing. Right in the Kingdom Hall! Former spouses are basically told to "forgive and forget" and "suck it up."

This is scheming to end a marriage. Period. The GB have finally caught on to this charade and legal loophole. It's been going on for decades, and it's pissed a lot of people/familes and entire Congregations off. I've heard of COBE's doing this, then a few years later being made Elder and COBE again. They do this with impunity and zero shame cause they use the JW loopholes and jump thru all the hoops and kiss all the right asses with green handshakes.

Think this doesn't create Apostates? LOL.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Scheme also to lwithhold marital dues to encourage adultery thereby freeing a party.

I know of at least one marriage broken up by a horny elder who encouraged separation and the entailing DF which he was on the committee for.

Indulgences by any other name are available

• Mikejw
    Mikejw

The changes are so profound that hardly anyone will ever be DFed and shunned for more than 90days ever again.

90 days isn’t too much of a threat now

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That is so wild. How bad a problem did it become that they keep referring to it and lumping it in with child abuse and apostasy?!?! Damn!

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Im not going to lie, I saw some witnesses today out in the ministry and one of the women had a pair of black business slacks, black shades on, nice heels and a sport coat.

A small bag that wrapped around her shoulder and she was holding the bible behind her back resting it on her backside. I looked at them from my car window and smiled. She smiled back and so did her partner. I then realized this is going to lead to alot of sisters attracting men they otherwise would not.

I dont think they thought this through

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    WingCommander: "...1 guy from a couple, 1 woman from the other couple, decide they'd like to be married to each other instead of their spouses.

They decide to have an affair, then go to the Elders and confess, knowing they'll be DF'd. They do just this..."

WingCommander: This scenario played out in my congregation...exactly as you spell out in your post.

The adulterous schemer brother (we'll call him Jim) was a member of the good Ole Boys Club in my servant body. The adulterous schemer sister (we'll call her Sally) was from another local congregation & married to a well liked prominent elder (we'll call him Frank) in his congregation. Jim & Sally had the hots for each other. Jim was married to a homely type gal in my congregation (we'll call her Mary).

Jim confesses to our elders & Sally confesses to her elders of their hanky-panky. Jim gets off with public reproof because he found a loop hole in the system & his being a member of the good Ole Boys Club certainly helped his cause. Sally also got off with public reproof because of her ex's prominent position in his congregation & because there were children involved on both sides.

Long story short Jim & Sally marry. Less than a year later both Jim & Sally get their privileges back. Jim works his way up the latter & soon becomes elder. Today Jim is COBE in the same congregation & Sally is a Regular Pioneer. Oddly enough Jim gives both wedding & memorial talks!🤣

The aftermath: I've seen Mary over the years at various JW venues...she remains lonely, single & homely...Frank moved on with his life & moved out of the area perhaps faded. Of all the children involved, one daughter might still be a JW, one son died by suicide. The other children just drifted away somewhere.

What's the moral of the story...I dunno...maybe it pays to be prominent & a member of the JW good Ole Boys Club...maybe!

PS: Boy, does this bring back memories of other scandalous behavior among the Jehovah’s Witnesses over the years!🤣
  • NotFormer
    NotFormer

JW GoneBad, yet according to their bizarre rules, they kept Jehovah's organisation "clean"! You gotta wonder about the thought processes of those at the top. 🤔

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The changes are so profound that hardly anyone will ever be DFed and shunned for more than 90days ever again.

90 days isn’t too much of a threat now

Unless it’s for apostasy. In that case the 90 day rule doesn’t apply, does it? And the hard shunning continues.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit